APS 338 AX project about done now i need a scope!!!

ArtsMonkey

I currently shoot a 7 mag and have harvested successful bulls at 600 and 700 yards and that's right about the limit of that gun. So time to upgraded!!! I've went round and round with what I need for a scope for my Raptor 338 Allen Express. Been waiting for this gun for almost 2 years and it's about done. My main purpose for this rifle is to long range hunt elk up in the mountains. I prefer mil/mil and FFP scopes. i'm trying to stay around $2k-$3K. I currently shoot NF but i'm concerned about the weight that will come with it and this will be my pack rifle.

Second question I know Kirby doesn't guarantee that the gun will hold 1/2 MOA out past 800 yards but how far do you think I can realistically harvest an elk and what pwr scope would it take to get there.

gun)

Sounds like an awesome gun. Please post pics. Sorry I can't give you any info you dont already have. Since I just ordered my 338AM a couple weeks ago. This is my first extreme range weapon. So please post updates guys like you and pictures you post will get me through my days. Thanks and sorry I couldn't help.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.