APR 28 Nosler is ready for the Bulls!!

How much 300 win brass do you have and how much would you want for the brass??? Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The end of necks like to kinda crimp in after a shot. I always chamfer the inside end of necks and then run through a mandrel before sizing. Do this to help each round be the same.

The end of necks like to kinda crimp in after a shot. I always chamfer the inside end of necks and then run through a mandrel before sizing. Do this to help each round be the same.
I can promise you that when I'm done with prepping brass it's as uniform as you can get them.
Brass necks and shoulders are too hard brand new and they are supposed not to be.

I was worried about barrel life with my RUM too. I finally just said screw it, you bought it to shoot. No fun just looking at it in the safe...
My thinking also, I'm on my second barrel of my 28. It's just too much fun to shoot

I can promise you that when I'm done with prepping brass it's as uniform as you can get them.
Brass necks and shoulders are too hard brand new and they are supposed not to be.
Oh I see what you are saying. I thought maybe you were talking about after firing. I k n ow lots of guys run into this with all different brass. I use peterson and love them but of course anneal maybe the best answer for you.

That's a beautiful sight!!! And rifle!! Are you uniforming the tips of the 180's. My tips were trash and it drove me nuts. Switched to the 180 VLD target and they're much more uniform and shot great. But I'm hunting with the 169 Hammer Hunters at 3280FPS this year! 28 Noslers are definitely fun.

That's a beautiful sight!!! And rifle!! Are you uniforming the tips of the 180's. My tips were trash and it drove me nuts. Switched to the 180 VLD target and they're much more uniform and shot great. But I'm hunting with the 169 Hammer Hunters at 3280FPS this year! 28 Noslers are definitely fun.
I checked a bunch of the tips. I really could not find anything to improve on them. I have a set of pin gauges and all pretty much took the same size. These tips seem to be open just a tad more than the VLD's. I kinda wished Berger would make a Tactical version Open Tip of the 195's or 180's like the big brother 30 cal bullets. Didn't bother with the Meplat uniforming.

I checked a bunch of the tips. I really could not find anything to improve on them. I have a set of pin gauges and all pretty much took the same size. These tips seem to be open just a tad more than the VLD's. I kinda wished Berger would make a Tactical version Open Tip of the 195's or 180's like the big brother 30 cal bullets. Didn't bother with the Meplat uniforming.
Gotcha! Pretty sure I got a crappy batch. I love bergers, but their lack of tip uniformity bugs me a lot.

How many rounds did you get on the first barrel?
About 850, probably shot it a bit too hot. This barrel I'm treating much better no more than 3 shots and I let it cool. Bought a 6.5 PRC to shoot while the 28 is cooling down