Apex afterburner a few impact resistance results

Gday I've taken my wrap on the knuckles with open arms & readdressed my inadequacies so guess I'm back lol
I think that 3800 fps is absurd. I can gain so much BC and benefits across the board with 3k at the muzzle. There is no value in a failure at the speed of light. Moderation is the key to almost all things. This bullet in a 300 RUM is fruitless. How is this data valuable?
I actually agree with you this bullet in the 300 rum is fruitless on certain resistances/ critters now if you move that to a slightly lighter pill of a different brand & push that to 4200 MV ( impacts of 4 k not uncommon) now you have a 30 cal combo on asiatic buffalo & like all the way down the line to some fairly small critters that actually is one that works way better than I guess the majority of people would understand ( with respect) & the test was done for reference for a wm&12 twist so is this bullet fruitless for that also 🤷‍♂️

Overall
It covers the bases of being able for some hunters to place the shot extremely well & the pill in question could not be killed no matter what we put it in & i for one know mark is trying to get his pills to match & exceed the capabilities of the brand I consider number 1 & I wish him the best in that pursuit as then it raises the bar & a win win for all involved iif you embrace the possibilities

I'd also ask if you wouldn't mind explaining how the young fella I tested the afterburner for will with a fair amount of certainty cover the most variables on angles / resistances on his up coming trip from 20 to 800 yard & I mean all possible not that they will happen or one pill would every be able to cover them all but you get it right & you can rest assured you have covered a lot of bases & that's why these tests are done so dreams can come true not nightmares of when things go wrong wether from our inadequacies or animal behaviour
It's that simple the way some of us look @ things but once again ea to their own

It's your choice what you do but please be mindful we all have different needs & wants & i for one understand what mark is achieving & his end goal is so I really don't understand how this is helpful to marks end goal that he's searching for 🤷‍♂️

Mark I like the way your lifting the bar keep on pushing I say 👍
Cheers

Ps Loved that emoji feenix but do you think it is productive 🤷‍♂️

I agree taking a bullet above it's maximum doesn't give us any data. BC always wins over velocity especially the farther you go out. The stuff mark has put out with the bullet inside it's limitations is good stuff.
How do you know the maximum unless you test it? The manufacturer of the bullet found it useful.

"It's always great to find the limits. Normally, most would prefer to have that happen in private testing, not on an open forum, but such is the beauty of the internet sometimes for everyone's knowledge. This is incredibly useful for us here too, even though we may not like seeing it."

How do you know the maximum unless you test it? The manufacturer of the bullet found it useful.

"It's always great to find the limits. Normally, most would prefer to have that happen in private testing, not on an open forum, but such is the beauty of the internet sometimes for everyone's knowledge. This is incredibly useful for us here too, even though we may not like seeing it."
ShoNuff

Now that things have calmed down a bit.......

I really like Fordy's tests, and they're not that far off from what I would have expected at those velocities. Every bullet has a velocity window. That's not a good thing, it's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. It's important to know where that threshold is for all the reasons Fordy, and others, have described.

I don't necessarily agree with saying the bullet failed, but that's a matter of perspective. The performance shown here obviously isn't desirable for hunters looking for a bullet capable of handling a 3800+ fps impact. For what it's worth, I don't recall Apex ever stating that 3800 fps was within the intended operating range of the Afterburner design. I didn't go and verify that, so I could be wrong. I know that the Haymaker bullet does have a published maximum recommended velocity range, so I don't believe that the velocity threshold for the Afterburner was intentionally withheld. It just hadn't been tested.

If I'm looking for a truck to pull a trailer, it's my responsibility to buy the appropriate equipment. If I'm only going to tow 5,000#, I can buy any full-size truck and be just fine. If I know I'm going to be dragging a 30' gooseneck with a bunch of equipment on there, I'm going to buy the right truck to pull that trailer. If I'm going to be consistently shooting bullets over 3800 fps, I'll just buy a bullet that I know is rated and proven (by whichever source I trust) to perform the way I want it to in that velocity range. A half-ton truck that can't pull a 25,000# trailer didn't fail, it was just asked to do a job outside of its intended use. A bullet that doesn't perform with a 3800+ fps impact didn't fail, it was just used outside of its intended application.