Anyone using cell phone wind meter apps?

DougsCamo

Okay,
This has probably been covered here before but I can't find it so I will throw out this question:
Have any of you used an app for your cellphone to measure wind speed. I have looked at several but I'm amazed how many require the phone to be online!
What the heck good is that? I don't hunt at the house!
If anyone has any experience in this, I would sure appreciate suggestions

Okay,
This has probably been covered here before but I can't find it so I will throw out this question:
Have any of you used an app for your cellphone to measure wind speed. I have looked at several but I'm amazed how many require the phone to be online!
What the heck good is that? I don't hunt at the house!
If anyone has any experience in this, I would sure appreciate suggestions

Have you thought about a Kestrel, Like the Kestrel 4500 AB. It can run on its own, or bluetooth to AB Android Apps on your phone. Your choice.

Have you thought about a Kestrel, Like the Kestrel 4500 AB. It can run on its own, or bluetooth to AB Android Apps on your phone. Your choice.
Thanks for the suggestion Doc. I will give that some research. I had previously looked at some anemometers to carry with me but if I carry anymore gear beyond what I have I may re-break my back!
Side note: Thanks for your service and this is from an old Sheriff who is soon planning on doing a whole lot more shooting!

Thanks for the suggestion Doc. I will give that some research. I had previously looked at some anemometers to carry with me but if I carry anymore gear beyond what I have I may re-break my back!
Side note: Thanks for your service and this is from an old Sheriff who is soon planning on doing a whole lot more shooting!

As a Sheriff I am sure you put your time in too!

Some people are thrown off by the size of the kestrel the first time they see it. The K4500 AB model is smaller than my hand, Its actually smaller than my cell phone (Galaxy s5), and only 1/2 an inch thick. And weighs in at a massive 3.5 oz! My cell phone weighs 4.6oz without a case on it.

As a Sheriff I am sure you put your time in too!

Some people are thrown off by the size of the kestrel the first time they see it. The K4500 AB model is smaller than my hand, Its actually smaller than my cell phone (Galaxy s5), and only 1/2 an inch thick. And weighs in at a massive 3.5 oz! My cell phone weighs 4.6oz without a case on it.
Okay, looked it up and it appears to do everything except press the trigger....does it have an app for that?
Seriously, the size and function of this unit appears to measure about every condition that should affect the flight of a bullet....shooter excepted of course!
Thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.
And thanks, after 31 1/2 years, I have decided that it is time to do things on MY schedule.
Good talking with you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.