Anyone using a Witt Machine Brake ?

I edited my first post. Im going to do a video comparison to see if recoil appears different. Maybe the noise increase just took me by surprise.
Yeah they are loud, but from what I understand, the noise column is the same just redirected and hit ears harder

I don't get the "muzzle brakes are loud" argument.

Hell yes they are loud but so is an un-braked rifle....either way you need ear protection so what's the point?

Question but are the Witt brakes as effective as a thread on like the APA Little Bastard? I have a Rem 700 Sendero in 7mm STW that could use a Witt brake.
Owning a few Witt s I would say that they are only that I don't like the look on one on a sporter barrel

I don't get the "muzzle brakes are loud" argument.

Hell yes they are loud but so is an un-braked rifle....either way you need ear protection so what's the point?
You missed my post then. I have thin muffs, that don't interfere with rifle stocks. They work fine normally. Two shots with the Witt, and my ears were ringing through the muffs. I knew it would be louder, but I didn't expect THAT much.

A muzzle brake throws the blast back towards the shooter, thats how it reduces the recoil. The angled ports use the gasses to "pull" the gun forward. So the sound the shooter (and those around him) experience, is greatly magnified.

You missed my post then. I have thin muffs, that don't interfere with rifle stocks. They work fine normally. Two shots with the Witt, and my ears were ringing through the muffs. I knew it would be louder, but I didn't expect THAT much.

A muzzle brake throws the blast back towards the shooter, thats how it reduces the recoil. The angled ports use the gasses to "pull" the gun forward. So the sound the shooter (and those around him) experience, is greatly magnified.
I did understand what you were saying but it seems that you missed MY point

My point was that either way brake or no brake you need hearing protection. Like you I also use low profile ear muffs but I double them up by putting foam plugs in my ears under the muffs so I'm not bothered by a braked rifle. Whatever works for you. I would never tell anyone that I know best, only what works for me.
Take care brother and keep shooting!

I just ordered the Witt clamp on brake for my 7mm STW Sendero. I think the 7mm STW will be better served with the brake than the light recoiling 6.5 Creedmoor.

I may have over tightened my brake, but its to the point the screws warped. I made this post, to discuss Witt, and if you want extra screws, and I mean the exact screws they use from Fastenal. Ill send you 4 for the cost of the postage.

I have 3 of them: 7STW, 28Nosler, 300RUM. All installed on barrels I didn't want to wait months for a smith to get to. Follow Witt's measurement & installation instructions to the letter, exactly and there will be no problems. The only one currently in use is the 300RUM on a REM Stainless 700 LR, that hasn't been re-barreled yet.

I have 3 of them: 7STW, 28Nosler, 300RUM. All installed on barrels I didn't want to wait months for a smith to get to. Follow Witt's measurement & installation instructions to the letter, exactly and there will be no problems. The only one currently in use is the 300RUM on a REM Stainless 700 LR, that hasn't been re-barreled yet.
Sir, thats the problem. They sent no instructions, and their instructions page is down. Can you post the instructions for everyone else?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.