Anyone use the Gempro 250 scale?

ohiohunter

I picked one of these up b/c of everything I had read including the 6mmbr article. Well, needless to say I'm very unimpressed. This scale claims to be accurate to 0.02 yet it will not register 1-3 kernels of 4831sc, but my ol' 505 will definitely register a single kernel. Anyone use this scale with good results? Are there any tricks?

I use one as a backup. No problem with measuring a couple of grains.

My biggest problem is that it can sit at 0.00, but as soon as I put powder in there to weigh it will drift. The weight value will slowly drift up the longer it sits. I have electronic filters on the plug as well as every other nearby powered item, and it still happens.

I haven't gotten around to exchanging mine for a new one, but I really should.

I have one. My first one i had to return after 8 months becuse of erratic readings but my new one has been working great for about 4 months.

I've had one since the 6mmbr article reviewed them. It will measure a single weight to .02 grains but is not always sensitive enough to be able to trickle up by that small an amount. I leave mine on all the time and recalibrate every time I step away for a few hours.

Well the lowest reading I've gotten from it is 0.05 with 2 kernels of 4831sc, but I can put up to 3 kernels on before it will even register 0.1. The scale seems stiff as it will not even fluctuate with my ceiling fan on. I am very unimpressed. I have a feeling I will be getting a charge master combo. Or should I give the gempro another go? What say ye?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have yours programmed to measure in .05 increments, change it to .02 and your problems should be fixed. The instructions should cover how to do that.

Barnes, you are right my instructions are backwards regarding this setting. I'm not convinced though. I use a 5-0-5 and I can weigh out a 53gr charge using my eyeball method and put it on the gempro and it will read 53.00gr what I want it to weigh. I can then load a charge on the gempro and weigh it on the 505 and see its not exact and put back on the gempro and see that the 505 was right as to heavy or light.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but will 0.02gr effect my accuracy during midrange (3-600yds) competition? I don't think I'll ever notice, but at 1000yds I think it will be noticeable? At a 1000yds in all honesty if I can squeeze that last bit of SD out of my speed I will be better off.

Also since I've managed to change to the more sensitive setting, the unit still doesn't register air current unless I blow on it. My AC is blowing my 505 all over and the gempro shows no changes.. I thought I had somethin goin for me... dang.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.