Anyone seen these before

Shane Lindsey

Not sure if this is because of component shortages or to make reloaders become the shortage.

ATB a plastic case.

0E982AFB-F27F-4ACC-96ED-846923252245.jpeg

Meant for .mil to carry more blaster rounds at a given weight.

Practicality is nil for precision rifle currently. A guy who owns a range here did a test using his LabRabar on them, results were not impressive.

Won't replace reloaders, we'll just buy AMP's eventual case printer and argue about the spring back properties of different polymers. A small subset will insist if you melt used cases in a Lee lead melting pot you can reform them into cases that are totally just as good as AMPs, because AMP is faking the data.

I am all about weight savings, if that is what they are designed for, but if loading them for a 308 and not accurate, not tracking.

I could see a 300 blackout or some type of entry weapon. This one ATB loaded with a Nosler 175 custom comp bullet though. Maybe they are trying to swindle the "unknowing" public into buying these up as they were of no use to any DoD contracts.

Not sure if this is because of component shortages or to make reloaders become the shortage.

ATB a plastic case.

View attachment 343228
I believe those are part of the NGSW military program. I saw an article with them in 277 Sig fury for the new Sig Saur MCX Spear. Also saw that Vortex has a military contract for their new 1-8 power smart scope with a rangefinder and ballistic calculator built in.

but if loading them for a 308 and not accurate, not tracking.
There's a lot of factory ammo that is pretty horrible from a QC perspective, doesn't mean it's not accurate enough for what it's used for. How many billions of rounds were expended over the last two wars that weren't even intended to hit anything? If you can cut the weight of a belt in half you can carry twice as much of it, and if the standard is 4 moa that's not hard to get.

We puke over something being 1 moa haha.

About thirty years ago, H&K was working on a weapon system where the cartridge was pre-formed propellant in the shape of a conventional cartridge, but it was totally consumed when fired. Nothing ejected from the weapon, only the bullet exited the weapon via the muzzle. Looked interesting but it never got off the ground.