Anyone own the new Weatherby Mark IV Backcountry?

Litehiker

This new MARK IV Backcountry is made for the 6.5 Weatherby RPM cartridge. It has a bit less than 80% of the case capacity of the 26 Nosler and 6.5/300 Weatherby so it's more manageable, especially in the Backcountry Ti version.
It's made in both steel and titanium MARK IV actions.

If you own one how does it shoot? What's your scope and ring setup?
Do you think it could use the Proof Research Sendero Light barrel with the Ti action? Or is that TOO light for this 6.5 magnum?

Eric B.
Disclaimer: I'm not looking to buy the new Weatherby as I'm very happy with my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro.

I've looked these Ti rifles over extensively and if I pull the trigger would be a 280 AI (same weight as the RPM offering).
I like the 6.5 RPM ballistics but ammo/brass would be expensive. Need to reload to save money and probably better accuracy.
If they offered it in 6.5 PRC I'd have one already.
Only issue I see with a Proof barrel is how much forearm meat you'd have to remove to get it to fit. The stock might look like a canoe when done (joke of course).

Last edited:
This new MARK IV Backcountry is made for the 6.5 Weatherby RPM cartridge. It has a bit less than 80% of the case capacity of the 26 Nosler and 6.5/300 Weatherby so it's more manageable, especially in the Backcountry Ti version.
It's made in both steel and titanium MARK IV actions.

If you own one how does it shoot? What's your scope and ring setup?
Do you think it could use the Proof Research Sendero Light barrel with the Ti action? Or is that TOO light for this 6.5 magnum?

Eric B.
Disclaimer: I'm not looking to buy the new Weatherby as I'm very happy with my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro.
Use a new carbon bartlein #4 contour, had a 750dia muzzle, pretty much bull sporter contour.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.