Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

Seriously, what is wrong with you. You sold that rifle! I can't believe you'd sell a 1200 yard roughly 1/2 MOA shooter.

Tom

Roger that! . . . I need more friends like Broz... :)

There's always a 'hiding place' in my reloading room for a 1200 yd 0.5 moa shooter!

Roger that! . . . I need more friends like Broz... :)

There's always a 'hiding place' in my reloading room for a 1200 yd 0.5 moa shooter!

Ha Ha!! The exceptional rifle that shoots this good is hard to come by for sure. But then, exceptional friends are even harder to come by. Remember now, I agreed to sell him this rifle before I was done testing it. I have to shoot a rifle many times in many different situations before they steal my heart. By then the deal was already done and I simply kept my word just like you guys would do.

Plus, I had my new full custom 300 win in the works. I don't need a 7mm-300 and a 300 win. If the 300 win does not shoot as good as this rifle I could always rebarrel it to 7mm-300...:cool: See, I do have a back up plan...:D

LOL, this reminds me of the movie....? either "Wyatt Earp" or "Tomb Stone" ?? Where the guy asked Doc Holiday

" why are you doing this you will be killed"

Doc, " Cuz Wyatt is my friend"

guy " Hell, I have lots of friends"

Doc " Well I don't "

Ha ha!!!:D

Jeff

Like in "Tomb Stone" Where the guy asked Doc Holiday

" why are you doing this you will be killed"

Doc, " Cuz Wyatt is my friend"

guy " Hell, I have lots of friends"

Doc " Well I don't "

Ha ha!!!:D

Jeff

:) Good analogy. And a great movie too... especially for any wannabe fast-draw pistoleros in our ranks.

Next rifle you're ready to part with that shoots lights-out like that last one, let me know if you wanna be a 'good' friend. At least until I've been able to con you out of your tack driver! :D

Has anyone else got a 7mm 300 win mag. Sounds pretty cool if it shoots the 180 VLD that fast.

Broz, you said that it wasnt even max load? what do you think the max load be?

I am finally starting mine, M700 tricked up, Sendero (HS) stock, True-Flite NZ barrel. Haven't decided on whether to go 26 or 28" yet. Reamer is being cut by PTG. I want this one to be extremely simple, no special dies, just a standard 7mm neck die. The shoulder on this one is bumped slightly forwards to 30 degrees and the case neck is allowed to grow to .301". Apart from that- no other changes. I have named this version the 7mm Practical- hope it lives up to its name.

Broz, you said that it wasnt even max load? what do you think the max load be?

Well, I think we are at 77 gr of H-1000. This rifle with a 180 Berger VLD the bullets are seated .115" off the lands. To get the dial ups to match the exbal program using the Berger G1 BC of .659 for the180 VLD, we used a MV of 3175 in the program. It has been my experience that every time I use a chronograph for MV in ANY program, I end up lowering the MV to get it to match the drops. So is the rifle sending the 180's over 3175? Maybe...??

I feel this load of 77 gr with a 180 is very safe as far as pressure. I know I have been well above this with a 210 vld in a 300 win. But I have also seen a facroy 300 win show pressure with a 210 Berger at 76 gr. So I dont know how far one could push it, as each rifle is different. But when I find the accuracy at 300 yards and beyond I stop pushing. I will take accuracy over velocity ant day.

A few weeks ago we set a target up across the swamp at my friends house that I sold this rifle to. About 3 evenings ago we had a calm no wind evening. I got a call from mt buddy. He told me he had just sent 4, 180 Bergers to the target. He then went over to look and covered the group with a Scoal can. The target is at 700 yards...:cool:

This rifle is a shooter, and I will build another. I believe the 300 win case is a perfect match for a large 7mm bullet. Good efficent case fill, good velocity, supurb accuracy. I have had my go with over cased rifles. I even had a 257-300 Weatherby once. I now prefer a rifle that will have a good enough throat life to get it developed, do plenty of practise and hunt with it before I have to rebarrel and start over. I believe that the 300 win case is as far as I want to go with a 7mm. Might even be considered perfect by some.

Jeff

I am finally starting mine, M700 tricked up, Sendero (HS) stock, True-Flite NZ barrel. Haven't decided on whether to go 26 or 28" yet. Reamer is being cut by PTG. I want this one to be extremely simple, no special dies, just a standard 7mm neck die. The shoulder on this one is bumped slightly forwards to 30 degrees and the case neck is allowed to grow to .301". Apart from that- no other changes. I have named this version the 7mm Practical- hope it lives up to its name.

I vote 28. If you dont like it you can cut if off easy enough. If the 26 is not what you want you have no option.

Jeff gun)gun)

Good choice Kiwi Nate, handling wise, it doesn't really make a difference. Neither is ideal for brush hunting. I may even go for a 32" or 30" for if it were mine, so I could have it set back.

I really love this round, have been toying with the idea for a long time and just haven't gotten around to building one. Broz's experiences however have me pretty well decided to build one, instead of my planned .284win.

This sounds like a heck of a round. 180's around 3200 fps would be killer. It would make the rifle shoot flat!!! I am seriously considering having one built with a 28 inch barrel.

Now I gotta find someone that is interested in a custom 300 WSM that shoots like crazy.

This is my version--call it a Warp 7. Use a 150 SMK that runs at 3320fps with a 10fps deviation.

File1-38060424.jpg

Pig1.jpg

Not that I dont believe Broz, but I would be thrilled if someone would post some actual chrony results for the 180 Berger coming out of this thing....that would be awesome.

Not that I dont believe Broz, but I would be thrilled if someone would post some actual chrony results for the 180 Berger coming out of this thing....that would be awesome.

I could do that BUT the bolt might not open!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there is enough people interested, including my self, so I decided to go and see. I called my buddy and we went to bust s few rocks. I needed practise with the new Berger hybrids in my Lapua anyway. Just got back. Here is what the chrony said. The low and the high from the string.

You can read the chrony for your self, and like I said the drops are spot on using 3175 mv and .659 G1 BC in the Nightforce program with the 180 Berger.

Jeff gun)gun)

DSC02325Small.jpg

DSC02330Small.jpg

DSC02326Small.jpg

DSC02332Small.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.