Anyone loading 142 Smks in the 6.5 creedmoor

Vettez06

The title says it all I'm wondering if anyone is loading this round for the 6.5 creedmoor ive got several 100 to try and wondering what are yall loading powder, seating depth etc. thanks in advance

It won't be the fastest load but I will bet you find a node at 38.0g +/-.3 of Varget. I expect you will get answers in the
4831sc
H(or I)4350
RL 17
If you are shooting a long barrel 26"+ , some have been having luck w/h1000

Let me know where you end up. I have a couple hundred rounds of factory Hornady ammo for my 6.5. When that's used up I'm going to reload with the 142gr SMK using 4350.

42.9g H4350, Fed210M, 2820fps shoots .4 <moa at 285 yards with FIVE round group.

Pressure test your rifle before loading, then drop down 1.5 - 2 grains work your way up.
I bet you find a load.

I don't have a 6.5 creedmoor, I have a .260 Rem so take that for what it's worth.

I blew through quite a few 140gr Berger VLDs at different powder charges, seating depths, etc (other than tight jam...just not interested, I like to be able to unchamber a round etc) and I just couldn't get them to shoot.

Had some 142 SMKs so I tried them and I haven't finished fine tuning it but so far 42.5 or so grains of H4350 is showing promise and velocities of 2850ft/sec.

Again, this is for .260 REM but that info may still be useful to you for comparison.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.