• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Anyone know the bullet brand(s) MidwayUSA sells as seconds?

Elknut

Are these Hornady's, Sierra, Berry's, others? Anyway to identify which is which other than visually?

Nosler sells direct so I'm sure they are not included

Thanks in advance

Some of their seconds and defective items are priced the same as standard inventory.
But, yet it sells.

You can find the same bullets cheaper lots of places besides rip off midway. I bought some 140 6.5 and they were about C grade and exact match for hornady sst.

Good advice. Midway and Brownells are quite high on everything. Both will be off my list when other options are available. All things being equal I'd rather give my money to a small, family owned company anyway.

Not sure if it still holds true, but back before Larry started gouging, MWs seconds part number included Hornady's exact stock number so it was easy to match up bullet types. MW now charges more for seconds than some others do for first run items. Plinking ammo is fine for seconds but I try to hold out for flawless stuff for loading precision rounds.

I took a quick look on MW and it doesn't appear that they are using the Hornady numbers anymore. Still pretty easy to match up bullet make and mosel based on a well calibrated eyeball and the product description.

Anything that makes the product fall outside of the manufacturers normal QC guidelines. It can range from simple visual blemishes to weight variances or product that was run during the initial setup of the equipment.

I buy Nosler blems quite a bit. Typically I check the tip and sort by weight. Might be good to take measurements but I don't bother with that.

I do find weights can vary from 222 gr to 228 gr on their 225 AB's. I've found close to the same variance on Nosler's I've bought from stores.