Anyone have pics of engraving done after cerakote?

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I've been doing some custom engraving on some titanium brakes I made. I'm wondering if anyone has pics of stuff that they have had engraved after cerakote? Wondering if it will chip the coating on the edges, and trying to get ideas of what color contrasts look good.

The engraving looks good, but because I'm doing really fine detail I can't go very deep, so it isn't very visible. (Full elk silhouette / lettering stuffed onto the top/bottom of a muzzle brake)

I have seen the makers name engraved on barrels after Cerakoting that looked crisp and clean. I would suggest just trying one.

I think one of the variables will be the application of the Cerakote. The guns I've seen with Cerakete finishes don't look much like the ones displayed in the Cerakote booth at the SHOT show.

Last edited:
I have seen the makers name engraved on barrels after Cerakoting that looked crisp and clean. I would suggest just trying one.

I think one of the variables will be the application of the Cerakote. The guns I've seen with Cerakete finishes don't look much like the ones displayed in the Cerakote booth at the SHOT show.

I would definitely agree with this. Cerakote is extremely finicky. The most common issue is dry spray. Makes it feel all gritty/rough. If you do it carefully and take your time it looks great. I use a tiny hobby sprayer when I do mine. Makes me feel I can control it way better.

Well it looks like I'm going to have to try this out. Was thinking maybe the bottom metal on one of my rifles to start. Gotta be some people that would pay well for some fancy engraving on a rifle they spent a ton of money on.

I do electro etch engraving prior to cerakote, but dont have a good means to do it after the fact. Sorry for another video, but here is one I did for a friend's birthday rifle

I use the electro etching as well. I wish the Lazer engravers were cheaper that would make life a lot easier.
47386E82-CF4F-4C77-8E9B-5C82AC878455.jpeg

65C064E3-0145-4B85-9867-927D4B7AA624.jpeg

Very nice! What do you make your stenciles with?

I had all my logos and caliber stencils made by a knife guy, I'm assuming its the same type of stencil the big company's make for you. The stencils are reusable and work very well. I could not get the detail I wanted using vinyl stencils like your video. The stencils cost me $70 well worth it.

I had some laser engraving done on my "titanium muzzle brake" before cerakote it was well worth the $200 government "processing fee " I had to pay---- never tried it after the fact ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.