Anyone have experience with the 50 Beowulf in an AR....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
TO all,

Just curious if any of you have hands on experience with the Alexander Arms upper receiver chambered in the 50 Beowulf for the AR-15 rifles.

Any information would be appreciated about your experience.

Thanks,

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

I absolutely loved mine what type of info are you wanting. Sold mine to a friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I wish now that I didnt. But it shot really well could get 5 bullets touching at 100 yards. I was using the 350 grain Hornady XTP's and lil'gun powder. I had no problems at all with it hope to get another one soon though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha!!!

Wildcat338,

What kind of velocity were you getting in your loads?

What about reliability, any feeding problems you encountered?

Thanks,

Kirby Allen(50)

James,

I was looking at the 458 Socom as well. Like the idea of being able to crimp a heavy bullet if needed.

Where did you get yours and what kind of performance are you getting with your loads.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, I got mine from Tromix of broken arrow oklahoma but he has discontinued them, I think teppo-juetsu (s) still offers them and RRA is in the process of catalogging them as production rifles.
I can get up to about 2200 fps with a 300 gr in my 20" upper and this isn't pushing the limits much.
JS

Kirby,

Unfortunately I sold it before I could put it over a chrono. Although I believe my friend doesnt do much shooting with it and he may still have some reloads I did up for it. If he does I could try to get it chronoed. Sorry I cant help you out here.

I didnt have any reliability problems with it what-so-ever even while rapid firing it was a joy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha!!!

Also try a look at .499 Leiter-Wiese.

Slightly better numbers than .50 Beowolf.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.