Anyone have a Savage 14/114 Classic?

hawk45

I was looking to get a new "do everything" bolt gun (probably 30-06 and add a 280AI barrel) and thinking of maybe getting something that looks nice to boot. I was at the local big box sporting goods store and looked at a few rifles. I looked at the 111 TH XP and the 114 and I could swear the 114 had a heavier profile barrel. Knowing Savages site gives barely any information, when it's even correct... Does anyone have one and can verify the muzzle diameter or know if the barrel contour is slightly heavier than the 11/111/16/116 sporter profiles? Also, do they come with a monte carlo or straight stock (I've seen both)?

Thanks for your assistance.
John

I've got one, it's wearing a Shilen 6mm Rem barrel now, but it came in .30-06 (the barrel is now rolling around my kitchen table).

It's .590 1" back from the muzzle. The shank is about 1.05. Roughly 6" up from the shank it's about .760. I don't know what the contour turns out to be, but those are the measurements.

The American Classic 14/114s come in a straight comb (what I have).

The European Classic 14/114s come with the Monte Carlo comb.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.