anyone have a Burris

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by tigmaned, Oct 25, 2009.

1. tigmaned

tigmaned Active Member

i am looking into getting a Burris Fullfield 3x9 for my Rem 700spsv in 223. i have never seen one in person ans not sure what the turrets are like, most pictures i see of them caps are on.
    Thanks

2. KDB

KDB Well-Known Member

I have several burris scopes. The turrets on the FFII are not target turrets, standard 1/4 clickable adj's. If you get a burris, I would definately tell you to get one that has an adjustable objective. Every burris scope I have, with the exception on one older signature 8x32, has had excessive parralax that is hard to fine tune. I have sent several back to be repaired.

I would also suggest going with more magnification, especially if you are going to varmint hunt with it. At least a 4.5x14 min.

In the value line of scopes, I would also suggest looking at Bushnell Elite 4200 series. Believe it or not, I think that they are better than the FFII's.

Just my opinions, of course...

Hope this helped.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009

3. kc

kc Well-Known Member

I have a Burris 8x32 and I beat the snot out of it I am hard on my equipment.
    Its always on and never loses the zero I will but another and another, the glas is just fine.