anyone have a Burris

tigmaned

i am looking into getting a Burris Fullfield 3x9 for my Rem 700spsv in 223. i have never seen one in person ans not sure what the turrets are like, most pictures i see of them caps are on.
Thanks

I have several burris scopes. The turrets on the FFII are not target turrets, standard 1/4 clickable adj's. If you get a burris, I would definately tell you to get one that has an adjustable objective. Every burris scope I have, with the exception on one older signature 8x32, has had excessive parralax that is hard to fine tune. I have sent several back to be repaired.

I would also suggest going with more magnification, especially if you are going to varmint hunt with it. At least a 4.5x14 min.

In the value line of scopes, I would also suggest looking at Bushnell Elite 4200 series. Believe it or not, I think that they are better than the FFII's.

Just my opinions, of course...

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
I have a Burris 8x32 and I beat the snot out of it I am hard on my equipment.
Its always on and never loses the zero I will but another and another, the glas is just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.