Anyone from central Texas?

SouthTXBowhunter

My brother and I are trying to get back into long range hunting but we're living in central Texas and we're having a heck of a time finding somewhere to shoot out past 100 yards- all the rifle ranges I USED to shoot are now closed! I'm wondering if there are any forum members in the central Texas area that can point us towards a place to shoot; or if there are any informal groups that we could get in with and shoot with? I have places to shoot that are 2+ hours away, but I'd like to get in with some folks here locally for the cameraderie, a local place to shoot and someone who's brain we could pick. I'm hoping there's someone on here that has some land and wouldn't mind taking pity on us and would be willing to have us shoot with them.

If you can help us out, please PM me or email me directly at: southtxbowhunter@gmail dot com

Thanks so much!

Nick

I am from Temple and the gun club here I belive can go to 500. I have been told that there is a range in Waco that can accomodate 1000. Good Luck

there is a range in LaCoste tx that goes 300 yds. would need to call the powderhorn gunshop to get number. there is the central texas silhoutte club in new braunfels behind Dietzes range. google it.

dietz gun shop range is good to 200 yards. ctsa range is a private range that is good to 500 meters. go to ctsa on the net and down load a application and apply. These are in new Braunfels Tx 20 miles n of san Antonio or 50 miles s of Austin

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.