Anybody tried a 14 twist 6-284?

antitactical

I've got a new 27-28" 14twist hart rifle barrel that has been chambered for 6-284. I paid 50.00 for the barrel new and my local gunsmith buddy had the reamer. What powder are people using for 68gr class bullets? I'm looking for speed and don't care about barrel life. I just want to explode groundhogs. Any load data would be great. Thanks for your help

I'm going to go ahead and say imr4350 or h4350.

This is going on intuition not experience, I've never had a 14 twist .

I have no ideal about powder but I bet it will be fast!:) By the way... you must have some awesome friends!! I mean $50 for a new hart barrel?!? I don't think I would care about barrel life ether for that!:)

I load one for my son in law and believe me it has more velocity than you can imagine if you want to clean out about the first inch of rifling, but those v-max's coming apart make grounghog's go airborne unlike any other cartridge I've ever seen ! I use the same H-4350 for everything, just about got it down to the only powder I own fro 6mm- .338...great powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.