Anybody shooting 230gr. A-tips?

windypants

I just ordered some to have something to shoot in a new .30 cal. build while I'm looking for some 230 Bergers. Anybody have experience with the A-tips?

I shoot them from my 300PRC at 3010fps with a 28 inch barrel and RL26. I have been impressed with them at range but each gun has it's favorite. I need to buy some more of the 230Atips.

I shoot them from my 300PRC at 3010fps with a 28 inch barrel and RL26. I have been impressed with them at range but each gun has it's favorite. I need to buy some more of the 230Atips.
Careful about telling that speed to people on here. If I'm at 3160fps with a 214 hammer out of my Sherman and I'm told I'm at 2 trillion psi over pressure. You must be also.
Oh wait that's only true with the Sherman's.
Lol. Sorry couldn't resist.
That's one heck of a load that's the same powder I use and was hoping for 3k with my Sherman

I'm building a 30-28 Nosler and have Retumbo, N570 and a little H1000 to work with. Anybody done this?

It's been done I remember reading about it. But I would bet that n570 will be your jam. Maybe rl33 depending on bullet and rl26 for sure if you can find it. 570 seems to to same as rl26 maybe even better.

It's been done I remember reading about it. But I would bet that n570 will be your jam. Maybe rl33 depending on bullet and rl26 for sure if you can find it. 570 seems to to same as rl26 maybe even better.
The old threads I read on the 30-28 said that H1000 was so accurate , they didn't try anything else. That's what I have the least of, but,yeah, I'll bet on N570 to work good with better velocity.

I'm shocked they haven't been more popular.
I've reached out to 1300 with my Sherman and the 214 which is my hunting bullet but think these may be the meow for targets if I can do my part it's my ultra light so past 1300 may be a challenge as 1300 was not as easy as with my heavy rigs