anybody know much about region k wyoming deer

Discussion in 'West' started by jermie kearley, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jermie kearley

jermie kearley New Member

this is my first time on i drew a wyoming deer tag in region k does anybody have any pointers for me? i know there is some walk in areas and some hma areas and what kind of deer is a shooter?

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I live in wyoming and have hunted all over the state but we hunt areas not regions so i dont know where K is where is it and ill tell you what i know

3. Dixie Mountaineer

Dixie Mountaineer Member

Seems like you know alot about hunting Wyoming.. got advice on deer and elk hunting in regions F, J, M, T in Wyoming? I like hunting deep and packing in when i can and using horses. Which of these regions is the best? Can i get away from the crowd in any of these regions if i pack in and hunt hard and deep? how are the game populations and shot opportunity percentages in these regions? i would be happy with a buck over 145 and a decent 5x5 elk, because I have only taken rwo mulies and one elk, im just not ready to shoot a buck or a bull that is a babyAny advice would be most appreciated...Would you be interested in hunting in the eastern appalachian mountains for deer, bear and turkey, my way of returnign the favor of your advice...?