Any word from Berger on a 375 cal hybrid?

There are designs for a 260 gr and 410 grain Hybrid in the very early stages.

No timeline yet.

Intended for 1:10.5" twist.

Form factors in the .9 range, estimated.

-Bryan

bsl135

I want to hijack this thread and ask you about any updates on the 195 gr 7mm. I'm ordering a reamer for a 7mm Wildcat and would like to give this bullet some consideration when specing the reamer. I have your original drawing, do you think that will be accurate for the final dimensions?

there have been no changes to the original design. It is moving again now that the demand spike is settling down

There are designs for a 260 gr and 410 grain Hybrid in the very early stages.

No timeline yet.

Intended for 1:10.5" twist.

Form factors in the .9 range, estimated.

-Bryan

Bryan,

Did you mean 360 gr? Just want to verify so people don't get confused.

Thanks

I ran into a fellow shooter at the range this morning. He shot a Ruger 375 H&H with a muzzle brake. -1 MOA at 100 yards and a shotgun like gentle push at the butt plate. .............. Now I gotta have one of those :D

I ran into a fellow shooter at the range this morning. He shot a Ruger 375 H&H with a muzzle brake. -1 MOA at 100 yards and a shotgun like gentle push at the butt plate. .............. Now I gotta have one of those :D

For 350+ grain .375 bullets, cartridges with RUM and Lapua class case capacity are a better choice.

I am a huge H&H fan. The H&H is capable of pushing the 350 SMK to 2570 or so, with good accuracy from a 25" barrel, which is capable of generating pretty good long range performance, but bigger cases are worthwhile with heavy .375 bullets. The H&H is really at its best with bullets closer to 300 grains.

Now that I know what .375 bullets Berger plans to produce, I plan to put a barrel on order. I am thinking 1:10 twist chambered in something based on the .338 Lapua case.

How fast is fast enough with a ~350gn .375?

A RUM should send it at ~2650
A Mjolnir should go much faster.
A 378 Wby right in there.
A wildcat I've been working on should go faster than a RUM but not a Mjolnir or Wby.
A CheyTac ~3000
An improved even faster.

But seriously, for eLRH or eLRT how fast is enough. We all know the compromises: More recoil, less recoil, more powder, less powder. Longer range before dropping sub sonic.....

What would you do?

The 375 cheytac will push the 350 gr to around 3200.

Hmmmm, I wonder about that.

I'm at the top of my game with the 350 SMK @ 3250 out of an Allen Mag. Just sayin.

I refuse to hold my breath on the Berger offerings.

I'm repointing 350 SMKs with my own design and machined brass point for a 352 gr offering. Believe it or not, the surprised me, they hold original accuracy with a bit better bc. How much better has yet to be determined.

Terminal performance may be more consistent but have insufficient data to confirm.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.