any one use SHAW barrels

reed mosser

I live in Pa and shaw barrel's is very close to me. They have very compettive prices and I was just wondering if they shoot. I was thinking of a 22 br with a 8 or 9 twist. The barrels chambered and threaded are $135, and a stainless barrel is $200. Also they have spirial fluting. any info will be appreciated. Thanks Reed

I have owned 3 E.R.Shaw barrels,25/06 full bull,375JRS and 6mm/06 Ack Imp all shoot really good(one elongate hole at 100 yds).
Some of the barrels don't seem to have great tolerances but they some how seem to group
well.If you are wanting them for taking game you can't go wrong. For bench rest you might want a better brand.

I recently got .300 Win Mag with a Shaw barrel from my uncle. I haven't had a chance to work with it enough to tell you first hand, but my uncle, who is a shooter, says it is a tackdriver. My brothers have shot it to 300 as well, and were impressed.

Hi all,
I have an old Shaw barrel in 257 Ackley and it still shoots 1/2'' or less at a hundred with just about any load. Good stuff for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.