Any of you guys know about night vision?

lovdasnow

just wondering about buying some. I've looked through the garbage gen 1 stuff, and thats not what I wanna buy.

looking more toward gen III or IV. was curious about your experiances, and if you've used good stuff, was it worth the money? kind of hard to drop the $$ on something you've never used or seen.

so if anyone has any info, I would like to hear it
thanks

Last I checked there was no official Gen IV classification, this was a gen III to Gen III+ quandry. (edit: I just did a search on the web and there are many references to Gen IV... maybe there is a true Gen IV now... I'll search Litton and ITT for more.)

Like thermal it's fun to play with but the good stuff is pretty expensive. It take a while to become accustomed to seeing some critters with night vision, I'm convinced deer evolved to be night vision stealthy.

I've used a good bit of the stuff and now just use a Mark I Mod I eyeball and a good scope on nights that are near full moon. (I got tired of tripping over things and doing the night vision stomp!)

thanks for the info guys, I'll check that link out.

The GenIV stuff I saw was actually in cabelas believe it or not.

So dave, it sounds like you are not to impressed with the stuff you've tried? I was thinking of using it for coyotes/varmints etc...??

i was invisioning it for night calling, but I want to be able to see a yote running at me before it actually gets to me!

in your expieriance would you be able to see something running at you at 100-200yds away on a pretty dark night?

thanks guys, just trying to get a better idea if the stuff works very well?

just read this... gen IV info

I'll keep reading this night vision forum, looks good

thanks for the info guys, I'll check that link out.

The GenIV stuff I saw was actually in cabelas believe it or not.

So dave, it sounds like you are not to impressed with the stuff you've tried? I was thinking of using it for coyotes/varmints etc...??

i was invisioning it for night calling, but I want to be able to see a yote running at me before it actually gets to me!

in your expieriance would you be able to see something running at you at 100-200yds away on a pretty dark night?

thanks guys, just trying to get a better idea if the stuff works very well?

just read this... gen IV info

I'll keep reading this night vision forum, looks good

Have you guys looked at www.night-optics,com ? ATN/PS 22 scope attachment? Perhaps the ATN/PVS 7 goggles? Take a look and decide. Most of the 4th gen stuff I found was restricted to either Military or Police. Haven't seen any 5g stuff yet but I am sure that it is out there...some where the Government does not want us to see it!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.