Any love for Nikon M-Tacticals?

megastink

I'm looking for a mid-zoom optic for my AR and stumbled upon Ninon's M-Tactical line of scopes. Now, I owned several Prostaffs back before I got into this whole precision-rifle thing, but I never gave Nikon's mid or high level optics a thought. I'm fact, I was just about settled on a Leupold vxr patrol before finding this one.

It hits all the right points for me, side focus, 30mm tube, mil/mil... but reviews are hard to come by. Read one review that says it tracked perfectly. Does anyone have any of these scopes and have you had any disappointing results? I'd like to know if the turrets are soft or firm. Thanks!

I have a few Monarch 2 scopes and I like them. Very simple duplex reticle, thats the main downside.
When Nikon went to the Monarch 3 and above and same for the M series scopes, they implemented a mechanism that allows the turrret knob to detach from the mechanism if you pull up on it. Makes it very simple to re-zero, but just as easy to inadvertently lose your zero anytime you were to snag the turret knob on something. Once I understood how it worked and that no alternatives models were offered without this dubious "feature", I was over Nikon scopes for good.

In the meantime I have gone with Vortex scopes on all my builds and I have no regrets. I believe there are several outfits where you can get custom turret knobs made to your drop data or get one with a blank scale that you can mark yourself. I just keep a dope chart taped to the side of my rifle and that has been fine with me. I dont shoot any of the standard bullets on which the corrections are based in either 223 or 308, so that would be a waste of time for me anyway.

I'm looking for a mid-zoom optic for my AR and stumbled upon Ninon's M-Tactical line of scopes. Now, I owned several Prostaffs back before I got into this whole precision-rifle thing, but I never gave Nikon's mid or high level optics a thought. I'm fact, I was just about settled on a Leupold vxr patrol before finding this one.

It hits all the right points for me, side focus, 30mm tube, mil/mil... but reviews are hard to come by. Read one review that says it tracked perfectly. Does anyone have any of these scopes and have you had any disappointing results? I'd like to know if the turrets are soft or firm. Thanks!
I have some experience with Nikon, the latest was a Black fx 1000.
My advice is don't do it.. terrible glass,really unforgiving eye box, and feels super cheap.

No idea. I really like Nikon prostaffs, and their monarchs are great as well. I would wait a year or two for Nikon to iron out any bugs with these new scopes.

I have p tactical in 223. It's never failed me. Hit steel at 600 with the Nikon spot on app. Had a buddy kill a nice buck with it on my AR. Although, it's been out longer and is a much simpler scope design.

morning, I have 6 of the older monarch 6.5x20's. never had a problem
with these scopes. now I have had focusing problems with the high end
bushnell scopes 4.5x30x30's. I think the description is right. once I
put my 73yr. old genius to work I figured out what I was doing wrong.
both scopes have served me very well. justme gbot tum.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.