Any issue reloading this brass?

BearSpray

Hello!

I fired some factory 7PRC ammo to get some brass to reload with. I just purchased a new die and only realized after sizing all the brass that the die had a manufacturing defect and left a sharp ring around the shoulder on each case. I stuck a paperclip in just to verify it wasn't also malformed on the inside of the case which it is not.

Do you see any issue reloading this brass? It seems to me that the malformation is on a very tough and well supported part of the case so I'm tempted to reload these as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 69
Hello!

I fired some factory 7PRC ammo to get some brass to reload with. I just purchased a new die and only realized after sizing all the brass that the die had a manufacturing defect and left a sharp ring around the shoulder on each case. I stuck a paperclip in just to verify it wasn't also malformed on the inside of the case which it is not.

Do you see any issue reloading this brass? It seems to me that the malformation is on a very tough and well supported part of the case so I'm tempted to reload these as well.
Does it chamber ok?

Does it chamber ok?
Yep, no issues there so its less then .002" off. I was more concerned with potential weakening of the case, but logically seemed like a non-issue. But I also wanted to check with those more knowledgeable than I since I'm a self taught reloader.

No it was a whidden bushing die. Apparently they had some manufacturing issue with the 7PRC dies and pulled them all from in stock after I reached out and they checked the remaining ones. Had to wait a while but got my new one and thought about just running all this brass through the new one to reduce the sharp edge, but also figured it may fire form right out too.

To be safe I would cut one of those cases in half, length wise, so see how thick brass is where the ring is.

Recent Posts