Any experience with the Badlands Precision .338 270 grain Super Bulldozer?

codyadams

Anyone shot this bullet? If so, how does the B.C. stack up compared to the advertised .803 G1 BC? Has anyone found an accurate G7 B.C.? I would figure if the G1 is actually .803 or close, the G7 would be between .400 and .410.....Also, has anyone else had any experience with the terminal performance of this bullet? I have used a Badlands super bulldozer in a .277 cal 128 grain with good results on an elk and a blacktail, but that is only one bullet, used on two animals.

Anyone with any experience using this bullet, your info would be greatly appreciated, I'm about to start loading them in a 9 twist .338 Norma Magnum.

Hmmm. Any of them shoot any critters with them yet?
I haven't heard but I had a client put a Texas heart shot on a Dall ram at 350 yards with a 196 Bulldozer in his 30 SM. He planted the ram and recovered a nice looking expanded bullet under the neck skin or front of brisket.
He also killed a caribou, moose and brown bear all with great results, according to him.

Here is a lineup....

20200223_144643.jpg

265 ABLR, 300 Berger EH, 270 Badlands Super Bulldozer, 285 Hammer Hunter.

Badlands has soon really cool stuff on the horizon too, heavy solid hunting bullets that require unusually fast for cal twist, ie 7tw 30 cal stuff.

Are those HBN coated?
Not yet, they will be. Those were just some I moched up to find my lands with this pill. I think I'm going to start with RL-26 and also try some retumbo, I know that load density with H1000 and the 265 was about 98%, retumbo with these should be right at 100% to slightly compressed.

Interested to see how these work for you Cody. I have a 338 NM Ackley Improved, I might give them a try. I currently shoot the 300 Berger elite Hunter, my accuracy load is 88.5 H1000, CCI 250's @ 2738. Would love to get more velocity, but I want to stick with the Hodgdon for it's temp stability.

Here is the work up with the 270 Super Bulldozer, will be going to shoot them tomorrow!! I have HBN coated them and prepped my barrel, I have over 100 rounds down range and it should be settled. I am trying Retumbo, H1000, and VV N-570. Using a 6" drop tube and pouring in very slowly, I was able to get 96 grains in and no powder crunch when seating the 270 bulldozer, actually I can hear a couple grains shaking around, so I'm fairly certain I'll be able to pressure up with N-570, as I could go a little higher with relatively light compression, but we will see!!
20200228_213349.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.