Any combined classes for father and son?

Elkwonder

Does anyone know if any classes exist that are affordable or offer a discount for a Father and Son to take together? Something within a days drive of South Alabama. Thanks

Does anyone know if any classes exist that are affordable or offer a discount for a Father and Son to take together? Something within a days drive of South Alabama. Thanks

I don't know about discounts or affordability but Barbour Creek is outside of Eufaula, AL. Affordability is up to you to decide.

https://barbourcreek.com/

:)

Hey, I do classes in Blakely, Ga as well as East Louisiana. I can help out with either one! The next class in Blakely Ga is May 13/14 with spots left. I can help out in Louisiana as well with a good bit of flexibility on dates there. It takes me 8 hours to drive to Ga.

Hope this helps, please reach out with any questions.

[email protected] if that's easiest!

Here are details on the Ga class!
If you decide to do that keep in mind the cabins are multi bed and some are 2 beds and 2 rooms so you wouldn't need to get 2 for you and your son! It's a great place that offers a lot!

Hope this helps!

I shoot out of a private range just east of Tampa called JTAC Ranch. Dave Bazemore does small classes usually 1 or 2 at a time on our range out to 2k. Super nice guy I've actually had the opportunity to shoot with him a couple of times when he wasn't teaching and just an amazing wealth of knowledge. He's taught a lot of classes over the years around the SE at various facilities, but mostly out of JTAC now. If you are interested I can certainly put you in touch with him via phone and email. His CV is too much for me to remember, but he can share that with you. In short a career in SFOD-D(Delta), numerous awards and NRA certifications out wazoo.

Not sure where you are exactly, but I have a buddy in south GA and it takes him exactly 4 1/2 hours on the button to get to Tampa....definitely doable. I went to Auburn and trying to recall....think it's a bit over 6 hours, but that was with SEC game traffic too.

Last edited:
Elkwonder that is a great idea! I need to find one for my granddaughter and me in Colorado! I think she would feel intimidated by herself.
You might look into long range shooters of Utah. He puts classes on at the range near price. I went a couple years ago. Drove over for
The weekend from north of Denver. I think he has raised prices a bit but still cheaper than a lot of classes and you will be amazed at the range. Affordable rooms in price or there is some comping available at the range.

You might look into long range shooters of Utah. He puts classes on at the range near price. I went a couple years ago. Drove over for
The weekend from north of Denver. I think he has raised prices a bit but still cheaper than a lot of classes and you will be amazed at the range. Affordable rooms in price or there is some comping available at the range.
ARen't those guys doing the youtube milk jug challenge? The guy with the 6br was flipping awesome to watch so much fun. That vid also put 7saum on my radar. They seem like a fun bunch would be a hoot to shoot with them.

Close in with 22s or down range with 1mile plus it's so much fun shooting different kinds of reactive targets. With the 22 I love the KYL rack or golf balls hanging on a string. We have a great set of IPSC swinging hostage takers starting at ~ 500. Our IPSCs at 1 mile hang nicely and move with great noise, but so want to put something in the 12" range of a t-post those things ring sooooooo sweet.

I'd agree with @atepointer. 22s are an absolute blast. If you can find an NRL22 nearby just go do it. So much fun and great practice for setups and trigger control. Most clubs have loaner rifles and equipment if needed. Very family and youth friendly also

I have a buddy who runs 22 matches in NE Florida and the pics he sends are awesome. What a great way to bring a young new shooter in the family with lots of laughs. I still laugh out loud a lot when shooting my 22....can't help it.

Come see Barbour Creek Longrange here in Alabama.

Here is a review from one of my students

"Thank you for the time and attention given to me and the other attendees of the most recent Level 1 & 2 at Barbour Creek Shooting School.

Having attended five other branded long range shooting schools over the last 4 years, I put your content and attention to detail as the best learning and live fire shooting experience for anyone looking for a quality instructional environment.

Your method of reading the wind and being able to teach anyone - regardless of experience / shooting expertise - how to arrive a gradient of 1/4 minute wind calls out past 1000 yards is unmatched anywhere else in long-range shooting experiences.

Having spent four days learning your approach in the classroom, then being able to duplicate it on the square range or using life size animal targets with life sized reactive vitals is a learning / practice experience no other school matches here in North America.

We had a wide range of individual capabilities in the four-day experience and each participant came away with confidence as well as a solid repeatable method on how to improve on first round ethical hits on target at any hunting distance.

I will recommend the experience you offer to anyone seeking how to shoot better at longer distances....any distance.

Many thanks and I look forward to attending your schools again soon"

Jim

Last edited:

Recent Posts