Another which muzzle brake thread :)

Looking at trying one of these 2 muzzle brakes and wanted to hear some thoughts on them. Thanks

Holland Radial Quick Discharge
Holland's Gunsmithing & Shooters Supply, click on muzzle brakes
JP Enterprises Compensator
JP Rifles

There are lots of other breaks to chose from but if I had to choose from these two I would choose the Holland
for a long range rifle and the JP break for a tactical rifle because of it's looks.

They are both good breaks and eather would be fine.(I know , no help).

I choose breaks based on intended use, Effectiveness, and looks on the rifle.

J E CUSTOM

Like JE said there's tons of brakes out there that will do.

Here's a good article/comparison of several of the more popular brakes out there. I really like the way he set up his testing.

When I get around to it the TTI will be going on my 7mm STW.

http://www.ttiintl.com/documents/pkcompensation.pdf

TTI

If it works as well as expected I'll put one on my .300 RUM as well.

This is the one I have on my 6.8 mini 14 and will be putting on my new .260 long range AR as well once the upper is finished next week.

Accurized Ruger Mini 14 30 Rifles Custom Harmonic Rifle Barrel Stabilizer Tunable Boss Gas Block System

guaranteed_accuracy_2.gif

Carl calls it his linear compensator or "quiet brake".

gives about a 40% reduction in felt recoil and about 80% reduction in muzzle flip so that even at relatively close range you can see the strike of your bullet and thus makes for much quicker follow up shots.

It also has the advantage of keeping all of the sound/blast traveling forward away from the shooter making them very tolerable to shoot when you have to just grab a gun and shoot and don't have the time to mess with finding ear protection. If you shoot at a busy firing range they will also make you quite a few friends vs the other brakes which can be punishing for people around you.

For effectiveness with the larger magnums the JP is extremely effective but it just looks so stupid I wouldn't want to have it on any of my rifles. I also think it's size and shape would make it impractical for any weapon you were actually carrying in the field vs just shooting off of a bench or prone at the range. It sure would tend to catch a lot of brush and twigs in my part of the world.

The Holland and Muscle brakes seem to be very popular with folks here.

Last edited:
Looking at trying one of these 2 muzzle brakes and wanted to hear some thoughts on them. Thanks

Holland Radial Quick Discharge
Holland's Gunsmithing & Shooters Supply, click on muzzle brakes
JP Enterprises Compensator
JP Rifles

I have both of these on rifles now. I use the Holland for cals under .284 and the JP for 7mm and above. The JP is a great brake, I have used several and was shooting one all day today.

Jeff

Ross Schuler makes a great brake that sells for around $45. It's very similar in design and function to the Holland QD.

I read a funny quote a while back that went something like this- The person trying to convince you that there is an effective but quiet muzzle brake is probably already deaf.:)

Ross Schuler makes a great brake that sells for around $45. It's very similar in design and function to the Holland QD.

I read a funny quote a while back that went something like this- The person trying to convince you that there is an effective but quiet muzzle brake is probably already deaf.:)
That person never shot a good suppressor then.

agreed.i have one of his brakes on my 338 edge and am very happy with it

I am going to go with the Alaska Magnum Recoil Brake made by Wild West Guns in Anchorage. My buddy had one put on his 338 RUM and it was a ***** cat to shoot off the bench. I am going with the three port as did my buddy. They sell for $75 blue or stainless.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.