another UPS disaster

Coyboy

UPS lost a barrel being shipped to me a few months ago.

Yesterdays screw up takes the cake.

I ordered the last 2 boxes of Lapua 338 brass that I could find anywhere. I have 2 guys wanting brass for custom rifles I am building for them. So I place the order and include a rem 700 sps for another customer and a pair of binoculars for a third. I recieve the box cut the tape pull out the rifle and binos and then turn it upside down to dump out the brass and packing paper that is wedged in the box.

wow, 3 pieces of loose brass fall out, thats it. I look at the bottom of the box and here it was retaped shut, no note on the box or nothing. A claim has been started and I'm gonna chew *** when they come look at the box.

"I hope you like the rifle.................. err here's your brass!"

That's terrible Jim. I've been fortunate that all I've lost so far is a custom coyote call. Al made another one and sent it to me no charge. That was with usps.

Mike

I lost a floating reamer holder and some other items the same way. Brownells was great about it. The sent another no questions asked and worked it out with UPS somehow.

If UPS loses a shippers package they reimburse the shipper. The shipper should in turn reimburse or replace what was sent. At some package value Insurance on what's being shipped must be purchased but what value that is, I don't know. It's more than $200 though.

Zanders called ups and started the process of claim work. UPS shows up today with a label wanting the whole delivery back and asking for the damaged goods, so there inspector can look at the packageing and torn tape ect..

I took 15 minutes to explain to the driver that there are no damaged goods the frikin goods are missing. He wants the rifle and the binos, and I tell him unless he pulls an ffl license out of his *** there's no way he's taking the rifle.

So I spend the next 5 minutes explaining to the supervisor on the phone, the same thing.

So he takes the empty box and the 3 pieces of brass that were in it. I can only think how f'ed up this copmpany is that they need to look at torn tape when the driver is right there with a camera cell phone and could have pics of the dam box sent to the inspector.

I used to enjoy the pleasure of UPS. The delivery driver whose rural route I am unfortunate enough to be on, would just stick the package in the regular mail anyway so guess what? These days I exaust all other shipping options before I resort to the nightmare they refer to as a parcel service.

Zanders called ups and started the process of claim work. UPS shows up today with a label wanting the whole delivery back and asking for the damaged goods, so there inspector can look at the packageing and torn tape ect..

I took 15 minutes to explain to the driver that there are no damaged goods the frikin goods are missing. He wants the rifle and the binos, and I tell him unless he pulls an ffl license out of his *** there's no way he's taking the rifle.

So I spend the next 5 minutes explaining to the supervisor on the phone, the same thing.

So he takes the empty box and the 3 pieces of brass that were in it. I can only think how f'ed up this copmpany is that they need to look at torn tape when the driver is right there with a camera cell phone and could have pics of the dam box sent to the inspector.

Holy Crap!! I've never heard of that happening. They lose or damage my stuff sometimes But I've never had anyone want to inspect anything. They just send a check.

About a year ago I shipped a barrel UPS to a mamber on here. It was packaged well in a heavy tube. When it arrived it was smashed flat, the brake was gone anong with the brake removal tool. It looked as if they ran it over with a forklift , lost parts and then used some light tale to cover the smashed open end. The hole process of trying to find the missing parts and filing the claim was a disaster. After hours on the phone with a slew of incompotent people who could care less. I was out the missing parts, frustrated and never recieved ant report of their decission or one dime for the stuff they lost or stole. The only stroke of luck I had was, the person buying the barrel was an honest person, understanding and very easy to work with.

I won't even tell the story of the US Postal Service employee that stole my unfired Weatherby 460 5 panel Lazermark. Never found that either...:rolleyes:

The bad thing about UPS is they only re-imburse the shipper, and for actual value that you have in it, not for the value that you sold it for. The UPS terminal outside of Chicago, right close to where I-294 and I-55 meet has the highest theft rate in the country.

I was told to ship if insured with a value over $1,000.00. They put those packages in a locked, fenced area when the package is not actually on a truck in transit, and take a little bit more care of them to keep them safe.

Good luck with the claim!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts