Another **** storm !!!

James Jones

Well fellas , I'll be signing off here shortly and may not be able to sign back on till after this storm has passed (probably one more time late tonight to check E-mails and pm's one last time). Hard to believe that this time three years ago to the day I was homeless with all my material belongings either gone or realy wet !!!
I got the same "bug out" kit ready that saved my *** for Katrina all packed and ready. Luckly the state has over prepaired and already started evacuations and I think things will go much more smooth than last time.

For all you people that will be affected by this storm , I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers. If you are in this storks path please don't take it lightly , trust me , being chest deep in flood water hanging on to a small flat boat thats way over loaded with your family , while being pelted with 100+mph wind and rain is NOT where you want to be , been their done that and have the mental and physical scars to prove it.

Yall take care , be good and hope for the best.

I have confidence that you will successfully survive another one along with all of your's.

Prayer's and tho'ts are with you.

Stuff can be replaced, your family can't be.

God Speed!

Good Luck!! My family got hit by Gustov last night in the Cayman Islands. Cat 3 winds, luckily they only lost some roof tiles!

James,

I have a comfortable little camp in Pike County MS about a mile from my home and also have a recently vacated 16x80 mobile home on a piece of property I recently purchased, either or both are at your and your families disposal for as long as needed if worse comes to worse. I am saying my prayers that all will be well. If our prayers are answered and all goes well for your family and you know of some good folks who become displaced that need a place to gather themselves for a couple of months that offer will be open to them also. I suffered through losing everything I owned after a house fire. Until someone has been there and done that they will never understand the true toll it takes on someone..

James,

I live in Haughton about 3 miles from the Louisiana Downs. Work for DOTD in the Minden PE office.

I think that I remember you posting pictures of your son riding at a facility near you that has hunter/jumpers. If you know of those in need that are looking for stables - we have them and can locate others. Unfortunately we have to charge but no more than we charge normally for overnight stablers.

If the facility that you had pictures of was in Folsom then the people there will know my wife and daughter - Ms. Sig and Raegan from Double Rainbow. If you have need or know those that do then you have an inside track.

For people (that need a place to stay) your referral is all that is necessary. I know that you work in some capacity with LE from what I have read on the board. You can reach me by cell at 318-208-0920.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May He grant you peace.

unvisable

I realy apperciate everybodys prayers and thoughts and ofers to help , I sure hope that I won't need to take anybody up on those offers.

I have several guys that have actualy driven down Poplerville (bout 40 miles north of the coast) and staged some equiptment and several boats so that search and rescue ops can be started ASAP.

This storm has the potential to cause WAY more damage to south east Louisiana than Katrina did , it may hit lad with higher winds ans possibly a higher storm surge but the main factor is that the north east shoulder of the storm will be hitting this area and that where the strongest sector of the storm is. The levee system in the NOLA area has been up graded in most areas but their are still gaps in some areas that are lower than they were in 2005 !!! If the storm stays its course and hit west of the Mississippi river the damage may not be as bad but just a tiny northern turn will bring the storm into the mouth of the river or just north of it and that could possibly cause a storm surge to the city and the north shore (where I live) in the 18'-30' !!! this would cause the devistation here that was seen on the MS Gulf Coast after Katrina , basicaly leveling the reagion for many blocks. Everybody talks about how bad New Orleans got hit for Kartina but the truth is that had the levees not failed the city would have suffered little to no damage but the MS Coast was basicaly wiped slick for miles yet recieved way less coverage from the media , guess it just goes to show "the squeeky wheel gets the grease"

Well folks , I've got momma and the baby loaded up and on their way , I'm gonna board up the front door on my way out and evacuate. I'll check back when I can.

Yall take care

im glad to see...

that everybody is taking this one a little more seriously. looking at the weather channel it seems this one is not gonna be near as bad....the dems are all crying over that. they wanted another disaster to blame on W just before the election....they will probably send out teddy K with his swimming gear to blow up a leavy or 2. that way barrack could walk across the water and calm their fears......good luck JJ....hope you and your family are safe...AJ

looks like it went in to the west of the river over by grand isles about 50-60 miles away. hope you and your family faired this one ok. I know what your talking about i live corpus christi,TX and we are way over do. my house sets 14 feet above sea level and about 1/2 mile from the bay. not the best place to be in a storm like that. hope all is well good luck!!!!!!! and hope the other three go some stay way off shore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathing a sigh of relief and counting our blessings a tad further north......still no power......but no major damage. My standby generator has enough fuel for about 4 days and I still have the satellite for TV and Internet.

James give me a call on my cell if you get a chance. If you need anything just let me know.

James looks like it might be our turn for a hit going to see what happening tomorrow with ike. get the donzi on the trailer and be ready to move it inland and then get back to the house . i'll send the wife and kids inland to the ranch but i'll stay here and ride it out theres two large apt. complexs within a 1/4 to 1/2 mile of my nieghborhood and i don't trust some of the inhabitians that live there

I hear ya , I'm hoping that Ike stays petered out a bit , The weather moron here thinking that Gustav may have stired up the deeper cooler wtaer enough so that Ike won't have as much to feed off of. we just need the cold fronts to get here faster and a bit stronger.

The wife was just complaining about the storms down here and I had to explain that anywhere you go your gonna have to deal with mother nature at least with hurricanes we get a bit of a notice and time to prepair.

You have a PM inbound

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts