Another Spartan Precision Masterpiece

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by guns_and_labs, May 19, 2013.

1. guns_and_labs

guns_and_labs Well-Known Member

After waiting a bit for the parts to show up, Marc finished up my new tactical/competition rig. The particulars are:

Surgeon 591 action, Bartlein 4 groove, Jewell trigger at 1 lb., KMW Sentinel stock and DBM, Badger Ordnance Thruster muzzle brake. I moved my S&B PM II 5-25x over to it.

[​IMG]

After one shot to put it on paper, the next three went into 1/2" at 100 yards. After cleaning and tightening everything down, I started shooting it for real. My last group at 100 yards was slightly less than 1/4".

[​IMG]

OK, then. Moving out to 300 yards, the fun kept coming.

[​IMG]

Yes, that's less than an 1" at 300 yards, and the barrel is still in its first 50 shots, using ammunition loaded for a completely different rifle.

I can't wait to put a caribou or antelope in front of this.

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Nice combination of parts. Marc sure does some good work.

3. guns_and_labs

guns_and_labs Well-Known Member

Yeah, but now I'm conflicted as to which rifle to use on a hunt coming up, this one or the Precision Ultralight Hunting Rifle he built for me. Both are shooting lights out good.

4. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Decisions, decisions.....that's a good dilemma to have:D

5. MarcS

MarcS Active Member

Thanks Tom I'm glad you like it. I wish I could grind out tight groups like you lol.

Marc