Another Kansas Jayhawker

JSHKS

Buddy I shot with a few years back sent me a link to here. I started poking around and thought may as well join as there are so many things here I am interested in. Besides that I like good reasonable discussions.
IHMSA handgun silhouette got in my blood in the 80's is really what got me going. I actually got down to one center fire rifle at one point. I made up for it the last dozen years though, no adult supervision.
Got into goose and duck hunting about 90'. I hunted about 3-5 days a week, when ever I could get away. Deer hunting took a back seat and I deemed it a bit to easy. Didn't use a rifle for several years and had no problem doing it with a pistol of some sort.
Fishing had taken a back seat as well for many years. The part of the year I had to work just didn't give me enough time. Forward a few years, changed jobs and now work on the banks of the Missouri River. That comes in handy:).
Started casting my own bullets about 99-2000. That brought rifles back into the picture. They say you go full circle, I dumped all of my auto pistols and went back to wheel guns. Got interested in big bore revolvers as that went hand in hand with my casting.
I had not been on a prairie dog hunt since about '04. Several of us got to talking winter before last and I started into more rifles. 17's had interested me for years but all of my older mentors guided me by them. I have made up for lost time, 17 hornet, 17 Remington and 204 Ruger have peaked my interest. Along with more 223's.
Look forward to being around here.
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.