Another great year!

one crazy kid

Well I had a great deer season this year, it started when I shot a buck the day before we left for hunting camp. followed by hunting camp and two of my brothers shooting doe's, it was the first deer for both of them. The next day I helped a friend of my little brother shoot his first deer(sorry I don't have a pic of him), God is good!

I will tell my story, opening weekend had come and I was sitting in a class room taking the SAT lets just say it was very hard to focus. After the test I went strait to the woods and hunted till Sunday night. On Monday I made plans to go hunting with a friend on Wednesday at 3:30 after school, he called me at 12:00 and said I am watching a buck, so being home schooled and on a lunch break I chucked all my stuff into the truck. About two thirds of the way there I realized I needed gas so I stopped at the mom and pop gas station on the way. I finally got to his truck but I couldn't find him, so after three texts I had my heading and started into the woods. It was 12:45 when I found him standing in the middle of a clearcut, ten more minutes of slow creeping and crawling I see this big two point muliy shoot(its a three point min in our game unit) then it turned its head and there was a one inch eye guard( the minimum length for an antler point is one inch) so I let him have a 165 grain bullet out of my new savage 30-06 and he just flopped.

Attachments

• Gabes first.jpg
    Gabes first.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Josiahs first.jpg
    Josiahs first.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 98
  • tumblr_ndiryibpm01tmdvaao1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ndiryibpm01tmdvaao1_1280.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 95
That is a good story, glad to here about you and your brothers successful hunts. Your are right, God is good, all the time!

Don Dunlap. gun)

Thanks for sharing buddy. Nothing like having brothers to go out huntimg together! Heading out with mine in the morning to try to get some yotes. Congrats and hope you all have many more years of good hunts together.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.