Another desert dog in phoenix

Whelen

Hello I am new to long range shooting with no experience over 200 yards. I am an old retired guy who had to have an ultra mag. Now I need to learn how to use it. Till now I've used a 270 for deer and a 35 Whelen for elk. I do reload so making a round is not a problem. But using the new scope will take some learning. This magazine looks like a powerful source of information. Thank you for sharing.

Not to hijack the thread but can you Ariz guys give me some insight? Thinking about a move & looking at Buckeye. Any good there?? Thanks.

BW

64, Buckeye is a fast growing city. Nice homes are a little lower in price, but water prices are high. If you're retired there's enough infrastructure to not need a trip to Phx. I have a ton of friends in Buckeye, but they are all farmers living in the rural areas of the town. Nearest hospital is in Goodyear with a couple of urgentcares in Buckeye. The Verado community in Buckeye is very nice. I'm not a golfer, but there's some good courses there. The Joe Foss Shooting Range is a few miles south of town.

Thanks Dosh. Anyone else has info pm me. Don't want to ruin this thread. Also welcome Whelen.
BW

Last edited:
64, Buckeye is a fast growing city. Nice homes are a little lower in price, but water prices are high. If you're retired there's enough infrastructure to not need a trip to Phx. I have a ton of friends in Buckeye, but they are all farmers living in the rural areas of the town. Nearest hospital is in Goodyear with a couple of urgentcares in Buckeye. The Verado community in Buckeye is very nice. I'm not a golfer, but there's some good courses there. The Joe Foss Shooting Range is a few miles south of town.

Looked up the range. Not very long. I really need at least 1000 yards. We shoot benchrest silhouette in Bpoulder City. Any of those around Ariz?

BW

Looked up the range. Not very long. I really need at least 1000 yards. We shoot benchrest silhouette in Bpoulder City. Any of those around Ariz?

64, yes thousands of acres of desert within 15 min. Pick a safe spot with a high hill as a back drop. If you leave the spot clean like you found it, nobody will complain. I always go to the desert to shoot, we escape the range nazis and can clean without waiting.
BW

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.