Another Colorado Plains Muley!

dodgefreak8

Drew a late season buck tag for the unit north of me and bagged a pretty nice mule deer today. Shot was 406 yards with a 10mph wind from about my 4 o clock. He was kinda quartering to me facing to my left. Shot him with my Ruger no.1 in 7mm stw with a 160gr Nosler Accubond. Bullet entered just behind his left shoulder and stopped in the hide in his right hind quarter. Bullet ended up weighing 98.2gr ( 61% weight retained) and dropped him in his tracks.

IMG_20111204_125000.jpg

IMG_20111204_193413.jpg

Last edited:
........................................................... Bullet ended up weighing 98.2 ounces ( 61% weight retained) and dropped him in his tracks.

Congrats on a great buck!!

Can I ask how in the world you got a bullet that weighed over 98.2 OUNCES loaded into that case?

I know it's a typo. I'm just playing.....lol. Great buck though!!

Congratulations---98.2 ounces should drop him in his tracks! LOL Thanks for the typo best giggle I had all day.

Nice shot, great deer. Got to love those accubonds, fly straight and true with great accuracy and do some serious damage on all game. Dropped my first whitetail with 180 grain accubond out of a 300. wsm this year. Just love that bullet

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.