Angle indicators????

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by POP, Dec 30, 2009.

1. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Bulding a long range target gun. I can use some advise.

I ordered the exbal ballistic software for my DELL X51 Axim, 520Mhz last night;

Now what to get for an angle indicator?

B_Night Force Ballistic Targeting Software : SniperTools

Angle Cosine Indicator ~ Cosine or

Angle Degree Indicator ~ ADI

does one work better?

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

POP, the Nightforce / Exbal program default is in degree. How ever you can highlite a button and also use cosine. But you will have to highlite the button each time. I just use a degree and I don't have to worry about switching it.

Jeff

3. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff...

4. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

I have a cosine indicator and works great, no complaints, BUT my next buy will be in degrees. the Cosine is alright when you had to do some hand calculations to obtain your drops at long range but the two different methods available would have too many errors. It's way more accurate using the pda, so... I'm just getting Degrees indicator since I will not be doing any methods that involve hand calculations. :D

5. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

Here is my question. If your laser rangefinder shows your up or down relative to the horizontal why do you need a indicator attached to your rifle?

joseph

6. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Thank you.

7. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

The snipertool's ACI is the most popular unit and is very good ,but the Horus Vision model seems to be more accurate and read's in degree's and cosine and has a bubble level as well,
    can also be mounted right or left handed. only down side is that it is a bit large.
    UB

8. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

Because most of your rangefinders that show this are a POS, and it is more accurate attached to your scope. even a pocket held slope doper is better than most RF units.
    UB