Amax for hunting?

TexSavage I would think with blood and meat all over the place from a neck shot , meaning there isn't that much meat on the neck; I'm sure it was DRT! sounds to me like a bear may have beat you to the kill. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Buck Buster, no bear although we have one on game cam. Could have been a mountain lion. Have a really big one on several game cams. That area just east of the big bend is mountain lion haven. That was five years ago this week come to think of it.

TexSavage I would think with blood and meat all over the place from a neck shot , meaning there isn't that much meat on the neck; I'm sure it was DRT! sounds to me like a bear may have beat you to the kill. Good luck hunting and be safe.
On hogs there's a tremendous amount of meat on the neck because rooting is how they make their living.

WildRose: Please get your glasses on and read again, TexSavage was talking about a deer not a hog!, he said it was the ONLY DEER that EVER got AWAY from him. He said he was using a 178 gr. Amax, that's a 30 cal. bullet. Good luck hunting and be safe. P.S. I have to wear glasses too don't feel bad.

TexSavage: 10 - 4 on the big cat, he could have carried it away in his mouth. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.