Altitude effect on custom dial scope

I would suggest the JBM ballistic program. You simply input all your particulars and hit "Calculate ", then run that very same program, changing only the altitude. Then run it again and change only the Temp. I would expect you will see no difference in the numbers out to 500 yards, and the slightest bit at 600 to 800. I did that with my 270 Weatherby Mag. Since the Bang Steel Shooting School range is at 2800 feet, the Deer Hunt in N Carolina is about 700 to 800 feet, and my range in New Jersey is about 400 feet. In my mind the deer's heart is about 3 X 5 inches, if I am shooting good groups at 300 yards at my local range, and I make a bad shot at a buck in N Carolina, it is not the 400-foot altitude difference. Its my Inability to judge the wind, OR , I just Blew the shot !!!! By the way , If there is a possibility of a shot at 400 yards or beyond, I use one of those stupid wrist forearm band things the football players use, with my ballistic data out to 700 yards. So I know to change the Eliv. dial from 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 .