alps commander

bubba41

hey guys has anyone used the alps commander pack for elk hunting? me and my son got are first elk tags in utah . have never packed out elk . would like you guys help on this one !i was looking at the commander pack

Last edited:
Are you just day hunting or are you backpacking in and hunting from a spike camp?

I have just the pack frame that I use to haul quarters and bear bait, it works fine for that, for backpack hunting I prefer an internal frame, personally I think they are alot more comfortable to carry for a long period of time. There's nothing wrong with frame packs for backpack hunting but if I was going to get one I would spend a little more money on a pack that has more adjustments and more comfortable

looks like i'm going to get a eberstock all in one and a frame pack toss it in back of the truck then . use it as needed or just a all in one

I think you'll really like that set up, I have had awesome luck with eberlestocks packs, let me know how your hunt turns out, what's the season for your elk hunt is it an early or late hunt

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.