Alpine 7WSM

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Alpine 7WSM, By Lucas Beitner. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Good article and good of both of you to put so much effort into bringing up another generation of hunters.

3. Iclimb

Iclimb Well-Known Member

Ggod article, would love some over info on the can. Any POI or velocity sacrifice?

4. landcbeitner

landcbeitner Well-Known Member

Thanks wildrose and iclimb. I'm glad you enjoyed the article. Yes we are very concerned with supporting continued growth of the sport including bringing up the next generation. Ron and I managed to help my son get his first buck this year as we'll, very exciting as a father

The suppressor was made by thunderbeast, it's an excellent can! There is a difference in point of impact from the can that varies depending on the weight/profile of the barrel. On my 7wsm it was about 2 moa. On my mtu contoured match barrel it was less than 1 moa. The accuracy tends to be better when using the can. We did extensive testing to make sure there were no issues with the first few shots one the suppressor was reinstalled. The very first shot was right on every time... We were very pleased as some cans require several shots before consistency can be achieved.