Allen Precision Shooting, reintroduction... the mighty Raptor LRSS

Good to see ya doin this!

I gave my 375 Allen Magnum and "all" the stuff that goes with to my brand new grandson-in-law. He's quite the hunter. He bagged this once-in-a-lifetime Utah Mtn Goat this year.

I've been thinking of what to do with my "Big Girl" and... Due to covid I got to conduct the marriage between he and my most favorite grand daughter. Then bang, right at the moment that I was supposed to be saying the big big words, there was a long pause. That was when I "knew" what I was going to do with retirement present to myself.

A couple fo days later I packed the Big Girl and all the stuff in a car and it was delivered and set up in his front yard with a big bow around it.

So another generation gets intro'd to APS Rifles.

Keep'r going Kirby. You do greater that great work.
Thats pretty cool, we have been friends for a long time now, thanks for all the support over the years and not just in rifle purchases. The friendships i have grown over the years are far more important then sales... thank you. Thats a heck of a gift!!

I think that the CZ550 Safari Magnum that you built into the 338 AX "H.E.T." is probably a ONE OFF......

You didn't have your custom action at the time, but you did an OUTSTANDING JOB on its transformation.

It's still sexy as heck and shoots "lights out!!!"

I think that the CZ550 Safari Magnum that you built into the 338 AX "H.E.T." is probably a ONE OFF......

You didn't have your custom action at the time, but you did an OUTSTANDING JOB on its transformation.

It's still sexy as heck and shoots "lights out!!!"
Yes that was early and certainly a one off!! Those were fun to do as they were always different but time consuming and a bit more stressful. Early on, needed to do any work i was asked to do for financial reasons in the shop. Those projects payed the way to where i am now with the Stalker and Raptor line of rifles so critical to my shop and i will always be most grateful for the support then and today!!

For anyone new to Kirby's craftsmanship, check out my "old CZ550 Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby" that rusted terribly after one Elk hunt in Montrose, Colorado. Don't laugh, I let Dad borrow my custom 35 Whelen......

Kirby even recut some Wilson Had Dies in 338 Lapua that I use for all of my reloading, however I did need his Full Length sizing die to bump the shoulder back on (something that I have not had to do yet).

Don't laugh at my rings and base combo.....

It's Barrett adjustable 15 & 40 MOA rings (set on 15 MOA) with the CZ550 H.E.T. 20 MOA base, for 35 MOA built in. I'm a bit tall, so even with a decent cheek wield, I can clearly see through the Vortex Viper 6-24x50 with their MOA reticle. 😎
20201211_100459.jpg
20201211_100524.jpg

Its been quite a ride for both of us my friend!! Thanks for your support. I can honestly say APS would not be what it is had it not been for LRH!!
It's always a pleasure to have you on here and read your posts as they are very informative and helps me and I know helps out others on here too. It's always good to hear from you.

Just another gun nut, can not thank all of you enough for the support over the years. Working with a one man shop as a customer has its advantages as well as disadvantages for sure. The support and patients i have been shown by this community has always humbled me and still does to this day. After nearly 20 years and thousands of rifles out the door, each time someone contacts me and asks me to build them one of my rifles, it humbles me to the bone and i make for darn sure their rifle gets my absolute 100% full attention to detail when it hits the build bench, load bench and test range. Every rifle i have shipped i have wanted to keep for my own, if i can keep doing that, i think i will keep customers happy which is my only goal. Thank you all for putting up with all the small disadvantages working with a one man shop. I know its not always the easiest thing to do but i truly appreciate each and every one of you.

I also found Kirby on this site after wanting my once in a lifetime rifle build. I wanted the the absolute best for a long range bomber. So after lots of folks point me his way and diem great chats back and forth I did it. He was amazing to work with never once complained about my changes along the way, which were many.
Helped guide me to the end. I ended with a turn key .375 AM with a 7-35 atacr on top. First trigger pull was on a cull ram in Texas and was over 400 yards went right down.
The quality is the best I've seen and boy does this thing draw attention. For a once in a lifetime build he delivered. Was worth the wait and cost.
Now if money allows I will have a 25 stalker in the future.
Thanks again Kirby.

I also found Kirby on this site after wanting my once in a lifetime rifle build. I wanted the the absolute best for a long range bomber. So after lots of folks point me his way and diem great chats back and forth I did it. He was amazing to work with never once complained about my changes along the way, which were many.
Helped guide me to the end. I ended with a turn key .375 AM with a 7-35 atacr on top. First trigger pull was on a cull ram in Texas and was over 400 yards went right down.
The quality is the best I've seen and boy does this thing draw attention. For a once in a lifetime build he delivered. Was worth the wait and cost.
Now if money allows I will have a 25 stalker in the future.
Thanks again Kirby.
The 25 Stalker is a beast if you want a 0-600 yard laser!! They do great on game up to 400 lbs. thanks for your kind words And support as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.