Allen Percision Rifles?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by DFW15TX, Feb 22, 2011.

1. DFW15TX

DFW15TX Member

Has anyone had a rifle built by Allen Kirby? If so let me know what you thought. I'm about to make my first custom rifle purchase and have been talking with him about it.

2. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

3. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

From what I've seen so far, he does great work.

Very good reputation among the LRH crowd.

4. jedlowe

jedlowe Well-Known Member

You won't find any better. He builds a phenomenal rifle, and I would recommend him without reservation. He also has some tremendous wildcats that no one else even offers. You can't go wrong with Kirby.

5. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

+1 I have a couple of Kirby's builds. He is a top notch fellow and builder.

6. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

+1 on Kirby. I have 3 rifles he has built and a 4th on order.

7. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I have two.

A 270 AM built on a sentimental REM 721 action which has been a BR accurate LR shooter for several years. Top notch in all ways

The other is a Bat action 375 AM which is another beauty in all ways. Again BR accuate at LR. Time of flight is about the same as with the 270 AM.

8. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Yup.....what they said. :) Got a couple of APS rifles and they are the best you can get. Kirby is everything you look for in a top notch gunsmith with none of the bad points you sometimes find. He's the best I've ever dealt with and his work is excellent. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the need for a new gun comes up. :)

Just remember that because he's so good and his work is in such high demand, the longer you wait before signing on the dotted line, the longer you'll wait for your new gun.