Allen Percision Rifles?

DFW15TX

Has anyone had a rifle built by Allen Kirby? If so let me know what you thought. I'm about to make my first custom rifle purchase and have been talking with him about it.

You won't find any better. He builds a phenomenal rifle, and I would recommend him without reservation. He also has some tremendous wildcats that no one else even offers. You can't go wrong with Kirby.

+1 I have a couple of Kirby's builds. He is a top notch fellow and builder.

I have two.

A 270 AM built on a sentimental REM 721 action which has been a BR accurate LR shooter for several years. Top notch in all ways

The other is a Bat action 375 AM which is another beauty in all ways. Again BR accuate at LR. Time of flight is about the same as with the 270 AM.

Yup.....what they said. :) Got a couple of APS rifles and they are the best you can get. Kirby is everything you look for in a top notch gunsmith with none of the bad points you sometimes find. He's the best I've ever dealt with and his work is excellent. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the need for a new gun comes up. :)

Just remember that because he's so good and his work is in such high demand, the longer you wait before signing on the dotted line, the longer you'll wait for your new gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.