Alaska man in Nevada

akksolo

my family and i recentley moved from the last frontier to Nevada. We look forward to spending time in this very opposite but beautiful country. I am a seasond hunter, a 300 wby man have shot it all with one gun moose,bear,wolf caribiou, evevn grouse. Looking to predetor hunt with an encore pistol here and would appreciate any insight anyone has to offer as this is brail to me here, thankyou all and look forward to sharing stories and information with you all.

Looks like we about have the state covered now.:D

Paul has the Northeast corner covered. Eaglet and I have the East. Now, akksolo has the south.

Maybe we need someone in Tonopah to catch the center.

Hang in there, akksolo, it takes a while before the braille turns into something understandable. Most of it is just defining a logical path that involves lots of practice.

Here's my path:
Develop good shooting habits. Improve good one's, minimize bad one's.
Improve reloading ability. Includes load development.
Maximize guns potential. Starts with a good trigger, pillars, bedding, etc.
Practice. Lot's of rounds down line. I participate in a monthly shooting match.
Gather equipment. LRF, Windmeter, PDA w/ballistics,...etc.

Get the basics down and then focus on your weakest area.

Thanks for lighting the path and support.....now where can a guy go to let the air out of some dogs??? Ill be back from work in mid october and am goin nuts here because hunting season has already been goin on for two months in alaska and it dosnt make sence to my programming that im not out in the boonies with a few empty cartridges in my pocket and blood under my fingertips.....not lookn for someone to give me thier honey holejust point me in the right path..thanks all.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.