Alaska boat bear hunt

J20Hunter

Looking for recommendations on an Alaska Black bear boat hunt.I am wanting to take my wife and hunt/ sightsee 30 year anniversary trip.It does not have to be Luxury
Thanks Dennis
217-454-5289

Look in Prince William Sound, either from Whittier or Valdez. There isn't a more beautiful place on earth. Several outfitters run boat hunts off larger boats, so you spend nights on a big boat, then skiff out to hunt during the day. Might want to roll some fishing into the package, PWS is great.

Look in Prince William Sound, either from Whittier or Valdez. There isn't a more beautiful place on earth. Several outfitters run boat hunts off larger boats, so you spend nights on a big boat, then skiff out to hunt during the day. Might want to roll some fishing into the package, PWS is great.

Just a note on spring bear hunt from boat in Prince William Sound out of Whittier from experience. Though beautiful, the bears seem to be really skiddish around the shore, even in what seems pretty remote parts of the Sound. Also, timing is key to expect a quantity of bears around the shore. Have to be there at first snow melt when bears are frist out of the den where the only green grass is around the shore. As weather warms and grass appears higher up the slope, that is where the bears will be, not at the shore line. Thick brush makes it difficult to see and hunt from a boat. To be successful when bears are not on shore, one almost has to climb high and hunt them from above. This means it is difficult to do this and get back to the boat at night, and I think many of the outfitters, and even some transporters, prohibit overnight in the bush. So, ask many questions when considering this type of hunt in the spring. In the fall of course, the bears are feeding in the salmon streams but this can be difficult hunting also due to rough and thick terrain. Good luck to all.

All I can say is congratulations! A wife that goes bear hunting with you for your anniversary and it doesn't have to be luxury!!! Sounds like you already got a trophy of a lifetime!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.