Aftermarket Stocks

live2huntmt

I have Mcmillan A5's on all my custom rigs, but am looking for a less expensive alternative to replace a cheap Remington SPS stock and a Tikka T3 Lite stock. I am looking at Bell & Carlson and HS Precision stocks....are these decent stocks? Are there any other brands I should be looking at in that price range? Thanks

Ive also had good luck with bell and carlson, and hs precision. Especially after bedding.

I have a bell and carlson i just yanked off a rem 700 s/a i dont need. PM me if you are interested.

The Bell and Carlson is a great budget stock - especially for the Tikka. Red Hawk Rifles has a pretty good selection and great prices on Bell and Carlson and HS stocks.

I just ordered a Greybull Precision stock for my Rem 700 SPS 25-06...I love vertical grips and thought the extra $ would be worth it compared to a B&C Alaskan. I think I will order a B&C Tikka T3 stock though.

The factory SPS stock on the Rem 700 produced 14" POI change @ 680 yards between a loaded bipod and a sand bag front rest. (Both groups still 3/4 MOA) I am hoping this new stock will fix that issue.

I have a Greybull on my 30/375 S.I. that shoots very well. I have an H S Precision on my 6.5 Sherman and it also shoots very well. I just ordered Stockeys own Long range hunter model with alum. bedding which was just over $200. We will see how it shoots. Another really cheap option is the boyds laminated stock for $99. I have one on my 7 SS that is pillar bedded and although it is not the lightest, it shoots as well as any I have.......Rich

I replaced the stock of my Rem. 700 SS' 338 WM with an HS stock with the Alumnium bedding plate. It cut the felt recoil a lot from the plastic original stock. I have not had the caps off the scope since I zeroed the rifle about 2007. Take it out shoot 3 shots, go hunting. I do not have a bipod on this rifle. I can not vouch for the stock taking the stress of bipod. Good Luck in your selection.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.