Advice for FT-R rifle, please

flashpoint

Hi,

I m going to jumping into FT-R competition. I know Kelby and Barnard bolt action with Krieger and true-flite are the king size in precision. Large history palmares both.

Somebody has offered me a tactical style bolt action. A custom from Brian Fox from UK.

It s a Match lothar walter 28´ 1/12
timney competition trigger
steeler predator action
body of aluminium (I dont remember trade made)

Really I like more this tactical look

2r23k91.jpg

I m in doubt about this custom . It cost me 2800$.

Do you go ahead or look for a kelby or barnard-true-flite.

Thanks

Two things

1. That is not an FTR rifle at all. That is a rifle built for PRS on that configuration.

2. Wrong forum. You need to talk to the FTR guys on accurateshooter.com

As a PRS rifle configuration I would doubt it is a 308 and that makes only to be shot on open class where on that configuration it would not be close to being competitive.

flashpoint,

F-TR = "TR", standing for "Target Rifle", is a subcategory of F-Class competition, limited to .223- and .308-caliber rifles. At many matches, F-TR competitors are restricted to bipod, ruck or sandbags, though at the Nationals (US) a front rest was allowed.

The chassis in the photograph is an MDT TAC-21 with their Skeleton Buttstock. Here in the States that's about a $1,000.00 chassis system, not including the bipod.

There is nothing wrong with the Stiller action, the Lothar Walther barrel or Timney trigger insofar as being able to compete in F-TR. All three components can perform the necessary tasks required for participation in this sport. You do not have to have the other brands named in order to be competitive. I use a Bartlein barrel and a Jewell trigger in a couple of different chassis when I compete. The .308 Win. cartridge is the great equalizer in the competition. It's the best driver that wins.

If you like the rifle and feel comfortable shooting it then have at it and ENJOY! After some more experience you might want to modify your choice but you can certainly compete with it as is right now so long as you make the weight restriction.

Regards.

I m not agree about this in not the wright place to ask.
I used this forum before and a lot of answers show me the good level of knowledge.

The price includes a rings for my nightforce BR 12-42X in 36mm diameter. And the tactical bipod showed in photo. And extra polymer mag.

Price is quite good, rifle is used about 200 shots if I can believe. Looks like new.

My doubt is I can buy a custom Kelbys:jewel trigger, Krieger and kelby action in specific stock for F-TR
Or a Barnard action, truflite or burtley ,and jewel trigger. Both por 4000$.

So I doubt ,because I only buy one rifle forever. I don t know wich is the best way.

I don t like hunting. I ll use to target at 400-600m and will participate in a couple or three F-TR competition (probably at 200-300m or 500m) The field near me are these.

Thanks

The present owner said me the rifle with this lothar W can make groups in comercial ammo sub moa (tested in 300m) and 0,3MOA in handmade ammo.

I think krieger and barnard custom will work below 0,2MOA. Because they are the ultimate sniper in competition.
(other way surely I m not the sharperman behind)gun)

Thanks for your advie

ok I understand

I search for last advice

New offert:

custom ,new used

bolt action nesica
lilja barrell
jewel trigger

for the same price.

Maybe a 26 o 27´barrel for .308. A used rifle can be shot 1000 times and say to me 100...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.