Ace barrels- Anyone using one?

We'll blow me down! I've been following them regularly waiting for a 6mm blank. I read your post and went directly to their website and low and behold they are available. I'll have one soon.
They just started, buddy and I ordered ours a couple months ago, think he knows someone there, and said they're were going to start offering 6mm. hopefully getting them this month

just had a 22 creed spun up with one and a 6gt is in the works with one.

Finally got the 22creed out to the range and after sighting it in, here are two 5 shot groups,
80.5 grain berger, averaged about 3350fps; 24" ACE barrel

PXL_20231029_214817315.jpgPXL_20231029_233224134.jpg

Unknown munitions uses them fairly regulary and they have 2 podcasts on shoot to hunt that talk specifically about them. After listening to the podcasts i ordered one.

Unknown munitions uses them fairly regulary and they have 2 podcasts on shoot to hunt that talk specifically about them. After listening to the podcasts i ordered one.
My smith has 3 aces in his shop to be cut soon. 2x 6.5cm barrels for my nrl hunter rig, and a 30 cal thats gonna be a 300nmi. The short 65saum was canceled since the 25prc that he's cutting is essentially the same ballistics, that's a brux tube tho.

I chambered one yesterday for a 300 Wby Mag. Will do the brake and stock work next. Their stainless steel sure cuts nice, I hope it shoots well. Will let you know when I get it done.

I have been fortunate enough to use them for the past 10 years. They are new to the people who don't know about them, but they are not new to the shooting world. The best shooting Voodoo rifles have always had them. I have used them on my own F-Class and PRS/NRL rifles. I have also threaded/chambered more than 40 of them and have not had problems with a single one yet. They are absolutely top quality and perform amazing. If you have a need for a special twist rate, talk with them and you will probably get exactly what you need. For example, my F-Class barrel has a 1:11.7 twist rate. A couple weeks ago I chambered myself a 22 Creedmoor for coyote hunting. Below are some of the results. The larger of the 2 three shot groups are shots 11, 12 and 13 out of the barrel. The 6" steel plate was shot with my thermal scope (HALO-XRF) at 338 yards. I absolutely recommend them!!

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

I just traded @bsnyder for an ACE barrel. 6.5mm 7.5T it will be a 6.5 PRC. It will be finished before the end of this month when I come back from CO 1st season. Got everything now, barrel came in two days ago

View attachment 499513

Well, mine has been gathering moss in the lathe due to medical reasons. Threaded it, but shoulders still struggle to run controls. My 6.5 PRC AW2 reamer is ready to party.

20231224_150100.jpg

A gunsmith friend will come over after the Holidays to finish it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts