• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Accurate pellet gun

TX mountain hunter

Criteria:
#1 kid friendly to plink steel at range
#2 capable of killing annoying birds on top of fireplace during toddler nap time without missing and damaging said fireplace < 1" target at 20 yards horizontal and 10 yards vertically
#3 capable of killing annoying ground squirrel, size of medium rat, that burrows 4" diameter hole under concrete based fence
#4 not wanting to spend an arm and a leg yet willing to pay for more accuracy where logical

Criteria:
#2 capable of killing annoying birds on top of fireplace during toddler nap time without missing and damaging said fireplace < 1" target at 20 yards horizontal and 10 yards vertically
#3 capable of killing annoying ground squirrel, size of medium rat, that burrows 4" diameter hole under concrete based fence
#4 not wanting to spend an arm and a leg yet willing to pay for more accuracy where logical
I have purchased a pellet gun three times in my life each time spending a little more searching for accuracy, going from .177 to 22 caliber made a big difference.In my opinion and I don't know because I have never spent the money you will need to spend several hundred dollars to get anything repeatably accurate! This was my last purchase not bad not great either but I am done I will never buy another pellet gun! And of course it must be a pellet gun with rifling a BB gun is smoothbore! And the same as a rifle you must search and find ammunition that your gun likes the Stoeger X hunt and H&N were very much more accurate than the others.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I own 2 kral air guns. If you are willing to go pcp I can highly recommend them. Both mine shoot amazing. I shoot long range and use these to practice trigger control. On a calm day they will shoot 1 moa or better out to 100 yds and I shoot them out to 200. At 50 yds, again, on a calm day they will put 10 jsb pellets into a dime or smaller.

There are some amazingly accurate pellet rifles out there with some having a very expensive price tag. With that said, PCP rifles are very easy to shoot, however are costly. Springer models are cheaper for the most part and shoot very accurate IF you figure out how they like to be shot. Yes, they can be finicky because of the internal spring movement when they are shot.

The scope that came with my Benjamin is total junk I know that .I'm going to try a cheap red dot that I have in the closet just to see if there's any improvement.

Criteria:
I have a Benjamin trail xl np magnum in .22 caliber. Think it's 1100 fps with alloy pellets and 900 with lead pellets. I bought it from someone that won it in a raffle. I prefer my .177 for what I need it for. Figured my son would want it but he has no need for one. I'd take 230.00 shipped. I don't have the box it came in and it's been in my gun safe for 2 years. Never even bought pellets for it. Didn't come with a scope but I put a Gamo 3-9 scope on it when I got it thinking I might use it. Never been fired. Wish I could say how accurate it is but I cannot. I've never shot it.

Appreciate the offer, I'm definitely interested. Going to read up on how quiet and accurate that one is..
Sounds good. My buddy has the exact same rifle but in .177 caliber. His is loud. I cannot lie. These piston air pushers are loud. Even my Gamo Whisper .177 is not quiet.

I have .22, .25 and .30 cal Uragans. You will not believe the accuracy. .5" 10 shot groups at 40 yards consistently.

If my pics post they are my .30 and .25 at 50 yards. I pulled one down on the .25.

Sorry for the delay on the Benjamin. Hearing on the noise I'm now struggling between getting something suppressed or just a 22 suppressed with the subsonic. So many choices. That uragans sounds rather interesting / awesome as well but looks like another money pit of a hobby rather quickly.

Happy 4th everyone!

Sorry for the delay on the Benjamin. Hearing on the noise I'm now struggling between getting something suppressed or just a 22 suppressed with the subsonic. So many choices. That uragans sounds rather interesting / awesome as well but looks like another money pit of a hobby rather quickly.

Happy 4th everyone!
It's a money pit at first but insanely cheap to run after you get set up. My kids love them.