AccessoryRail

Strikenmike

Greetings:

I bought a new stock that has a groove cut in the bottom of the forearm. I assume this is where one would install some type of metal rail to hold accessories like bipods, had stops, etc. I see a lot of stuff on the web for AR platforms, but nothing for a traditional target stock. I see pictures of them, but have not found a proper description, or a supplier. I found something called an "elevated" picatinny rail. Has about 3/8" of height to it. Not sure if that would work. That was from Yankee Hill Machine Co.

What are these rails called and where can you buy them. Please advise.

Sound like it is set up for the- metal rail that you dont have. Then Atlas bipod has accories that will fit this new metal rail. One would be a picattiny rail to quick attach a bipod. O r you could just fill slot in wood with a good glued in wood shim and mount a pic. rail with screws if you want a rail mount, I have several and prefer the Seekings rail. Otherwise you only need one sling stud for a harris bipod

Strikenmike~

It sounds to me like the stock you have has been inletted for an Anschutz or Freeland rail. Very common for the F-Class or High Power/across the course stocks. I install quite a few. PM me and we'll figure out exactly which style you have, and I'll fix you up with one.

Thanks for all the input. I think I found a rail at Champion's Choice. It's a 14" American Accessories Rail. I will need to shorten it to 10" but it should work. Then I need to buy a bipod adapter, then finally I can look for a 6-9" bipod.

Thanks again,

That's where I buy mine. You'll need to put a .875" radius on the end near the front action screw and sand flush out at the end of the forend.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.