ABS carbon barrels

crane

if you really want a 338 AM you could sell the alpine action and the AI stock and start over fresh. You are only looking at adding another 6 or so months to the wait you already have(action, barrel and stock)

d-a

I might consider it if I could get someone from ABS to contact me let me know the status of my order. I've left two more phone messages and an email without response. Mike has been a great person to work with, will answer as many questions as you have for as long as it takes; I wonder what's going on? I hope he's just very busy..... but I would like an update.

I have known Mike D. for a couple of years and used his barrels for that long. There are several things that you all should know. He is very good at what he does. His barrels are very accurate. But dont be suprised if it takes 6 months to get one. I know for a fact that he is having a problem getting blanks from Rock. I have a 6mm barrel that I ordered from Rock Last May. It went from: it is just waiting to be contoured, to, we are waiting for Mike Rock to return, to, we never made your blank and cant find the barrel at all, but we will make one for you soon. Mike D. was waiting for blanks then, and I am sure he is waiting for blanks now. Be patient, his barrels are worth the wait. I know that he is exploring new suppliers for barrels to wrap. Also, he will only wrap cut rifled barrels as they do not have stress induced while they are rifled. I am not bagging on either ABS or Rock, they are just really really busy, and they both underestimate the delivery dates of thier barrels.

Oh, and it is not uncommon to not hear from Mike D. at ABS for a couple of months at a time. He is really just a one man show, and is doing his best to get barrels out.

I dont have a problem with a quality product taking time. A long time even. I do have a problem when I am told the item is in stock and it will be ready by X date, and nothing. Then another promise of X date and still nothing. That is what frustrates me. If you cant promise me a time, tell me. Dont BS me. I dont care how good it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.