• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ABS Barrel

Crane

30 inch Stainless Rock 1-8.7 twist ABS carbon fiber wrapped barrel chambered in .270AM fitted for Borden Timberline action (Remington). Threaded for brake.

Here is the full disclosure: Barrel appears perfect when veiwed through bore scope. Cold barrel grouped sub-moa. As barrel heats up the group size increases. Barrel cools back off and we're back to sub-moa. Barrel test fired only for groups.

Seems to me for hunting purposes (cold barrel) this would be fine but you'll have to make up your own mind. My rifle is now a .338 Edge as the wait time on an ABS replacement was to long to endure again.

This barrel would cost well over a grand without machining-MAKE OFFER.

Oh well, thought someone might want it. Now I get to claim the title for having the world's most expensive tomato plant stake.

Well Crane you Make me feel better.

I purchased a brand spakin new high speed low drag 23' ssb antenna for my boat, that lasted all of a week. Its life was cut short by an over zealous cannery crane operator and a sleepy Me.

I was worried I had the most expensive tomato stake, but I think you have me beat.

Still all things considered I probably have the tallest tomato stakes.

-comfisherman

Crane,
Have you thought about having that barrel Cryo'd??? It's a VERY slow, gentle operation. I've done it on a few barrels that it did wonders to. I don't think I'd worry about the carbon as I've seen them put light bulbs through the cryogenic process and they came out without breaking (and lasted longer as a side benefit.

I wouldn't give up on that barrel. Check out Badger Cryogenics in Baraboo, WI. He's done my work for me very reasonably ($40 or so).